Garlett quits afl

All the best for the kid, some just struggle, I think he will be back in a few years.

Not sure if he came to us it would have been different, don’t think natrat would have been any good.

You’d think the hawks would’ve had ample wings for him to be taken under.

I'm battling to understand how he missed training when he lives with Hodge. Surely it's as simple as "when Luke heads off, so do I"

"Hey Luke, where you off to all dressed up like that?"
"Training mate."
"Oh yeah right. Hey, you want me to save you some pizza for when you get back?"

I'm battling to understand how he missed training when he lives with Hodge. Surely it's as simple as "when Luke heads off, so do I"

"Training mate."

Hodgy - "You not coming?"

Garlett - "Yeh no worries, will save a couple for you"

It's almost as if the club's recruiters know what they're doing....

Both his home state clubs passed on him twice.  That should be enough of a warning.

"Training mate."

"Training?  Why are going to training?  Don't you know how to play footy?"

geofffyyyyy

oh..

I feel things might have been different had he came here. A lot of WA boys we have. Good luck to him. He can party up back home. Any money he ends up at West Coast in a year or two.

no

He knows what he needs to do. The choice is still in his court.

Obviously 2015 is a write off. he needs 2 solid years in WAFL, plus maybe get a real job and some stability in his home life. 

Maybe he just doesn't want to do the work yet. Id still like to see him make it, but I don't believe he will be the magic piece to our premiership puzzle. 

If he gets some strong family support behind a WA club might pick him up in the future.

he would need to win the sandover medal before any AFL clubs would even tempt the thought of drafting him at the end of the year..

Swan Districts don’t want him.

Jeez I feel the “homesickness” is a copout euphemism. Doesn’t do anyone any favours but easier to rationalise for them. He dropped out because he couldn’t hack it.

WSPHU

Correct.

Am I the only one on BB too old to know what all these letter thingies mean???

WSPHU

Correct.

Am I the only one on BB too old to know what all these letter thingies mean???
Probably not as old as me, but I can tell you that this one means.....
We should pick him up, as in recruit, not invite out for a date. I think.

Local rag in Perth had three farking pages given over to his departure...they said he posted something deep and meaningful on Facebook at 3.38am basically advising his followers he was packing it in. Said the Dorks had been trying to rein him in, especially his use of social media and fondness for being a night owl. Anyway the paper here has been running a campaign on his behalf for the past year or two, so rather than back off and give the bloke some space they'll doubtless keep it up, in between articles featuring our daily breathless update on NicNat.

3.38 am.

Perth Demons are now expressing interest in him, subject to their own salary cap isses.

I’ve quit AFL, you don’t hear me complaining about it being too hard though.

“Hey Hodgey, what’s with the limp? You injured?”

“Nah mate, just trying to be brave and inspiring - now hand me that bandage so I can wrap it around my head.”

“Screw this”

An AFL career is only for the true fanatics. He wasn't prepared to give up that much. Fair enough.

I do wonder why any club drafted him though. The end result stood out like dogs balls from day one.