Garry Lyon on SEN, James Hird Not.. Yet

SEN’s ratings must have taken a bit of a hit over the last 4 years if they’re considering taking Hird on board from next year.

Must of thought that alienating one of the largest supporter groups in the land and having the fans of all the other Vic based teams turn against us was going to make it a ratings bonanza for them…well guess what fuckwits, hasn’t really turned out that way has it clowns?

The hypocritical nature of the football media industry astounds me. By getting Hird back in the media, they must think that everyone will soon forget the the relentless hounding and constant harrassment that this man, and his family, have had to endure over the past 4 years at their grubby hands will all of a sudden lure a large part of their demographic back to the fold.

Hird has every right to make a decision on what he believes is the right thing to do by him but I’d be a little more than sceptical about why the media and AFL would allow him back into the industry so soon after everything that they’ve done to demonize him and ruin his previously impeccable reputation.

It would take a shitload more than having Hird on the airways for me to return to listening to that cesspit of irrelevant bogan ramblings that they try and pass off as ‘talkback’ radio…besides It’d more interesting if Hird were to join the Triple M Hot Breakfast team opposite Fat Eddie and listen to him tearing that farker a new a/hole each morning.

I hope with Hirdy’s new slot on SEN it alienates the remaining troglodytes that listen to that station and they end up losing even more ratings where they’re forced to shut its doors.

Get.Farked.SEN

Truth coming out will be a new one

It’s interesting how we all have different tastes. I am genuinely shocked to see that there are a few people who can not just tolerate but enjoy Andy Maher’s insufferable strine and rambling questioning. I’ll be tuning in a bit more if he gets moved on!!

The only thing sen has going for it right now is Mario from Doncaster, clear the decks and give him his own time slot from 6am to 6pm.

No matter how bad Bartlett's ratings are, he never gets axed.

Reckon he must have some sort of Tony Grieg-style lifetime arrangement for being a foundation anchor.

Mark Fine’s really the only reason to listen to SEN. May not always agree with him, but at least he’s not been muzzled by anyone…

What’s the bet the first caller into Hird’s talkshow will be Sarah?

Ox and Leach are not good, but not offensive.
Bartlett is obviously the worst.
Maher is ok (not good, though)
Hartford and Allen hurt my eardrums.
Finey is pretty good I reckon.

It's interesting how we all have different tastes. I am genuinely shocked to see that there are a few people who can not just tolerate but enjoy Andy Maher's insufferable strine and rambling questioning. I'll be tuning in a bit more if he gets moved on!!

Yeah, I’ve gotta say - though I do not know the guy personally, and as said here, he may very well be the nicest bloke - I absolutely cannot stand listening to him. I hate his ‘banter’, the way he constantly cuts people off, the way he thinks it’s funny to ‘lie’ and mislead, and pretend someone said something they didn’t. That said, I haven’t listen to the station for years, so he may be better now, I don’t know. Allen is another I couldn’t stand listening to - for much the same reasons.

If James wants to do this, I’ll back him. He’s a smart bloke and would have weighed up the pros and cons.

Ox and Leach are not good, but not offensive. Bartlett is obviously the worst. Maher is ok (not good, though) Hartford and Allen hurt my eardrums. Finey is pretty good I reckon.

Leach is unbearably offensive - he lead the charge calling for the players’ and Hird’s scalps.

Sanctimonious prig who slums at SEN after he fails at the ABC - Whatley lite - too gutless to dive into the commercial media full time because they know they won’t make it so get paid for covering for the commercial hacks while remaining on the government’s teat.

If Wayne Carey can do Friday night football with no one acting like he’s human waste then Hirdy can do radio.

If Wayne Carey can do Friday night football with no one acting like he's human waste then Hirdy can do radio.

I love listening to Wayne Carey. Couldn’t give a stuff about his personal life, his football knowledge and insight is awesome. Same as Dermott.

Dermott would be ok if he limited his comments to about 10 seconds. He just rambles after that and tries to turn footy into some kind of science lesson. He loves the sound of his own voice.

If James wants to do this, I'll back him. He's a smart bloke and would have weighed up the pros and cons.

Part of me is horrified at Hirdy joining the ranks of the AFL mandated media machine. The other part of me is hoping it’s a Trojan Horse type scenario and that he is plotting to bring down the bastards from within.

If Wayne Carey can do Friday night football with no one acting like he's human waste then Hirdy can do radio.

I love listening to Wayne Carey. Couldn’t give a stuff about his personal life, his football knowledge and insight is awesome. Same as Dermott.

Don’t care how much he knows about football. Wayne Carey is woman-abusing scum.

I actually sheepishly admit to not minding hearing Dermott’s footy analysis.

It reminded me of this gem. Such a good impersonation. I lost it haha.

I don’t get the hate toward media types. It’s their job to say things and have an opinion. Unless you’re N Balme. He spends an hour each week not saying anything.

Hirdy.

Dermott would be ok if he limited his comments to about 10 seconds. He just rambles after that and tries to turn footy into some kind of science lesson. He loves the sound of his own voice.

Ha, that's spot on. And he preps the other hosts, like he's about to let them in on the greatest insight about footy anyone has ever produced. He starts with an endpoint and then tries to manipulate stats and observations to prove it. WSPHU*

*WADA should pick him up

I better delete this post.

He smashed a beer glass in a woman’s face, didn’t he?