Gary ablett jnr

Fair enough, I don’t think ablett is a natural leader anyway. That’s why i think when freed up from all that he would be worth the punt. Brownie points for the last line of your post too :joy:

1 Like

Guys, guys, guys, guys… guys. On the Footy Show tomorrow night, Gary will “break his silence”.

I didn’t realise he had taken a vow of silence, or that he was being silent about anything in general, but could explain on-field issues if he’s not allowed to talk.

2 Likes

Was he a Trappist monk?

I thought that was Stants.

2 Likes

just being silly, not really having a go.

1 Like

Realistically Ablett has never recovered from his shoulder injury in 2014. Had a 2nd operation in 2016 to make it better. Unfortunately he is one of the 3% who had a failed operation.

1 Like

I’m sure Barrett has been stalking him and offered to leave if he does an exclusive. As I cannot stand to watch that abhorrent excuse for a show about AFL hosted by a journo worse than Caro I will look to this thread to see if there is anything about Gary and God.

1 Like

Surely if he’s leaving GC, he’s going to Geelong. His reputation can’t take another money-grab move.

I fell like we’d have to offer a lot to get him. He’s not at the age where I’d want us paying him a lot anyway.

Plus he takes the spot of a younger guy for a year or two.

At his peak I reckon he’s just about the best player I’ve watched, maybe along with Wayne Carey. Pretty sad watching him run around at the moment looking disinterested.

But fair dinkum, has there been a bigger circus in the AFL than the Suns? Never been good as a team despite every leg up the AFL could think of, AFL put in their own coach who seemingly is disliked by every player there, never played good footy, never looked like making an impact on the league, boring losing every week and kids jump ship as soon as they get the chance.

2 Likes

I don’t care that Junior has religion.
It can be a good thing, for certain people.
I do have a problem with evangelism, although that’s by the by.
A Gold Coast player, can’t remember who, don’t care enough to find out, said his actions were divisive in the club.
That’s not great, but it’s not a deal-breaker.
I don’t want GJR because:
He’s old.
He’d cost way too much.
He looks like he’s lost the fire in his belly to be the best he can, and has reverted back to his first three years of laziness.
I don’t see him looking at EFC as anything more than a sweet pension plan.

1 Like

I… can’t … stop…

It’s not exactly Into My Arms, but close enough.

3 Likes

Fk that banner thread, … it’s like a verse curse, …
Last one, but I had to,… it’s just like, … sitting there.

3 Likes

Make sure it scans with a spondee or a trochee or an iambic pentameter.

Rhyming is passé.

There once was a man from Japan
Whose poetry just wouldn’t scan
When asked why it was so
He just said, ‘I don’t know,
I think it’s because I try to put as much into the last line as I possibly can.’

5 Likes

Tell that to Banjo,

… or someone who needs to sleep.

Because the thread was going so well on the religion front, you decided to open a second front on the politics side???

Let’s be clear, both sides of politics (and the middle) have problems painting whole religions by the actions of the fanatics and bad apples. It’s only really fair to do that when it’s the institutions that are part of the problem (e.g. Child abuse in a number of different religious institutions).

1 Like

Mentally checked out
No thanks

Most pointless interview ever. Channel 9 wasted their money.

2 Likes

Not a leaders ■■■■■■■■.

One of the best players to ever play the game, not a leader though

??

Who? … Wut?

Edit: NVR MND. TFS I assume.