Gary ablett jnr

No, he is not a JW.

1 Like

Dude, i said i was done. But seeing you asked me a direct question, itā€™d be rude to ignore you.

If you read my previous posts I said it wasnā€™t about religion, and I stand by that. I used an example of playing D&D or singing show tunes. My point is anything organised away from the group should be frowned apon, especially if its the captain leading it. All three of those examples (including faith) can be looked apon as strange and foreign to those with no interest. May even promote resentment and ridicule. Hence dividing and segregating.

To address the ā€œproblem with religious peopleā€ statement. I also stand by that, however I assumed in your defence of the arguement you were coming from as a religious person. So apologises. It turns our youā€™re just a politically correct bleeding heart :wink:

TIPPA is rending our sash in twain. Damn religious types.

1 Like

Except someone has said it goes for like a minute, is a prayer against injuries, and occurs before the main pre-match preparations. Sounds like a long bow to say that would be divisive.

On the main topic, if he was cheap Iā€™d be tempted. Play him forward and give Raz and Walla more midfield time.

Hey, I agree that religious people can be a pain in the ā– ā– ā– ā– . But no more than non-religious people in my experience. I donā€™t think that him organising a prayer circle with a couple of other blokes is any more damaging that a few blokes getting together to play FIFA. Not everyone can be into the same stuff. Anyway, weā€™ll agree to disagree.

1 Like

Why would anyone care if people have their own unique preparation? Are the guys who run around, smashing into each other and building up a head full of steam, dividing themselves from the guys who like to relax and clear their head before a game? If D&D and showtunes worked for individuals why would anyone else care? Have you seen what Hartley gets up to in the changerooms?

There are plenty of ways that religion or other beliefs could hypothetically segregate a team, but a quick prayer before the game that everyone has a good time isnā€™t one of them.

Iā€™m waiting for Fark Carlton to offer him 5 mil for 5 years.

It might actually bury them for good if they did get him.

2 Likes

The thing I hate about religion in sport (and war and life) is when the winner says his victory was inspired by Jesus or Yahweh or Allah or whichever deity is appropriate.

So what if the other guy is just as big a believer. Is his/her loss because God was punishing them.

Incredibly arrogant self-centred viewpoint.

The whole ā€œtaking a kneeā€ bit had better be kept amongst the ā€œtrue believersā€ because it gives others the screaming ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Itā€™s a big difference between the US and Australia/England/etc.

1 Like

All I know is that God is really really starting to hate this thread

2 Likes

No sheā€™s not.

6 Likes

When you say ā€œGodā€, ā€¦ you mean GAJā€™s Dad, yeah?

1 Like

GOD HASNā€™T KILLED ANYONE.

Alicia Horan?

5 Likes

If you havenā€™t accepted there is no just God after the last four yearsā€¦

(I reserve the right to amend this statement after we win the premiership.)

2 Likes

Wowee

I think you made the mistake of calling a group of Christian guys that like to pray ā€˜nut jobsā€™. Then when it was pointed out houli does it then it wasnā€™t about religion. Which is ok, itā€™s pretty typical that people openly call practising Christians nutters but defend any other religion or group from the bigots and homophobes etc coz thatā€™s ā€˜just plain wrongā€™. Itā€™s a common double standard wield out by the lefties and bleeding hearts.

4 Likes

Geez buddy. When I mentioned the term ā€œnut jobsā€, I was speaking in the third person, as in, what the other group of players not preying may be thinking. Trust me, some will be thinking that. Rolling their eyes, holding grudges, making jokes. I was trying to make a point about isolating team mates and segregrating team mates by creating a click of whatever, in this case it happens to be a religious click. Some players wonā€™t care, some will be bemused, some maybe offended. Thats the thing, not everyone will react the same. But when its the captain of ALL players is the one running the ā€œclickā€, thats where I think itā€™s not a great idea. Thats my point.

And just to make myself understood, If Ablett was buddist and had 5 or 6 buddist team mates chanting before a match, Iā€™d still argue the same. So yes, I hate everyone equally.

*Edit: Just when i was outā€¦they pull me back in.

I think you mean clique.

3 Likes

It is amazing how many non-nutjobs canā€™t spell.

2 Likes

Youā€™re having a crack for me mispelling clique? lol

Youā€™ve set you bar high for a forum Ice.