Gary Ablett

Can't find a thread on this guy?

Out for the season, decided to go in for surgery.

Shame, prob still win the brownlow.  Freak me he's awesome.

Ablett done for the year.

GARY Ablett will miss the rest of the season after choosing to undergo reconstructive surgery on his left shoulder.

His absence for the remainder of 2014 will throw Brownlow Medal markets into turmoil.

Ablett admitted choosing surgery was a difficult decision to make.

"We have been extremely thorough in our review of the injury, and after careful consideration, reconstructive surgery was a tough decision to make, but the correct one," he told the Suns' website.

"This is the most significant injury of my playing career, and we have made the decision in the interest of my long-term playing career.

"It has been a very difficult decision, in particular as there is a temptation to compromise my shoulder's long-term movement in a bid to get back and assist the team to make our first finals appearance."

Glad he won't be playing against us… Sad for the competition though. Best player I've ever seen

Feel sad for him, but it is great news for us.

Just hope macaffer doesnt break any of our mids this week.

Scary thing is that, I think they will be fine without him.

Still legend of a player and hope he comes back asap.

Just hope macaffer doesnt break any of our mids this week.

Hocking is a good tagger, but he is also pretty good at hurting opposition taggers.
Our skinny undersized boys were getting into Mcaffer last time, I dare say he'll get heavier treatment this time.
P.s terrible news about Gazza, he's one of the best things about AFL.

So you can sling tackle a player,bust his shoulder up so badly it has to be re-constructed and the tackle is deemed legal, but when you sling tackle a player and he gets concussion, its deemed illegal.

Shouldn't make any difference. Swing tackle should be banned full stop. Blight on the game.

Hope Macaffer feels good about himself, wrecking a champions season.

So you can sling tackle a player,bust his shoulder up so badly it has to be re-constructed and the tackle is deemed legal, but when you sling tackle a player and he gets concussion, its deemed illegal.

Shouldn't make any difference. Swing tackle should be banned full stop. Blight on the game.

Absolutely rediculous post

I'd be more worried about what Cyril and Buddy are allowed to do and still avoid suspension.

Great news for us and our finals chances? Glad he won’t win the brownlow, should of got weeks for elbowing picken

Now we will see if GC are actually a one man team or not.

Shame he is out

But great news in a couple of weeks, when he doesn’t smash us

Absolutely rediculous post

Amen.  A completely normal and innocuous tackle.  It sucks what happened, but don't be stupid.

If Ablett was knocked out, the tackle would have been seen in a different light !

Wow…hearing and seeing all the messages about Gary Ablett. So sorry to hear he died. He was a great player.

Wow....hearing and seeing all the messages about Gary Ablett. So sorry to hear he died. He was a great player.

His dad was better imo

Champion player. Almost as good as his father, who is the best I've ever seen.

Shame for the game, but good for us that he's not playing.

Surgery eh? Putting himself before the team. It’s all about Gazza! Who does he think he is? Hird?

Seriously though, best of luck on the recovery Gazza.