Gavin Wanganeen

Disappointed to hear that Port are apparantly going to use Wangas to chat to Paddy about a move to Port

Disappointed to hear that Port are apparantly going to use Wangas to chat to Paddy about a move to Port

Man, I hope they do and he says "don't do it Paddy, you'll regret it forever." Right in front of Kochie.

Does the father-son rule still apply if the father has been disowned?

Consider me skeptical.

I was speaking to a mate about that possibility the other day, so many players have gone from Essendon to port. It's a home away from home. Wanga could set the exclamation point.
■■■■■■

That's Horse manure. Especially given that he said on his Fox interview that he deeply regretted leaving Essendon.

Gee Gav is gonna be sick of being a ■■■■ between the 2 clubs for the next 8 years or however long it is until Tex is eligible

That's Horse manure. Especially given that he said on his Fox interview that he deeply regretted leaving Essendon.
Gee Gav is gonna be sick of being a ■■■■ between the 2 clubs for the next 8 years or however long it is until Tex is eligible

Soft ■■■■

Where does Wanga & his fam live now?

If it's in Adelaide or S.A, I'd say Tex will be at the power.

He is in the JHA though ....

Wingard, Wines, Gray, Ebert

Would take any one of those plus a second rounder for Paddy*

Please make it happen for us Gav

*no chance that will happen

Essendon, I believe. Certainly has work in Essendon.

He lives in Adelaide, but comes back to Melbourne regularly for business.

Essendon, I believe. Certainly works in Essendon.

Excellent.

Boooo

Show me your Wangas and I will raise u a Long

Correct.
Owns some gym's in Adelaide and he does make appearences at Port to do guest speaker and motivational work from time to time.

Next polly farmer will be telling him to go to Geelong …ffs is there any end to these carnts

Can we just merge all the Hangar threads into the Ryder thread then? 

So sad that he left us, but loved that he played for us. An Essendon champion.

05%20pm

Essendon champion Gavin Wanganeen has been revealed as the first Bomber Legend of the 2018 season.

Wanganeen will be honoured as part of the pre-match entertainment on Friday night ahead of the Bombers Round 1 clash with the Adelaide Crows.

A crucial member of the ‘Baby Bombers’ 1993 flag, Wanganeen had a season to remember, and went on to win the Brownlow Medal in a premiership year for the club.

The classy Bomber eventually retired after 300 games for Essendon and Port Adelaide as a five-time All Australian and a member of the Essendon and Indigenous Teams of the Century.

Wanganeen, who designed the Bombers 2016 Indigenous Guernsey, will be a special guest at Essendon Chairman’s Function, he will be presented to fans on the big screen pre-game and will fire up the air raid siren ahead of the final countdown to launch on Friday night.

The Bombers’ famous preliminarily final comeback in 1993 against the Adelaide Crows will be on the big screen prior to the match.

Stay tuned to the Essendon website this week for a number of special tributes to the Bomber Legend.

Make sure you are in your seat by 7:30pm to be a part of the pre-match build up and countdown to launch.

Essendon will honour a different Bomber Legend at every home game in season 2018.

10 Likes

Best I get my Wanga stubby holder out, for a toast.

What a great footballer. Broke my heart when he left.

7 Likes

Hope he brings his son Tex to the game. He’s slipping away to Port Adelaide’s clutches.

1 Like

20 when he won the Brownlow. Impressive

4 Likes