General AFLW comments and articles

If they played in a league not run by those carnts in AFL house, then yes.

Otherwise, no.

I’d say this, but we have family and friends involved, so we will be supporting them and their friends at ‘cough’ Collingwood ‘cough’.

But it’s the fact the AFL have changed a heap of rules and look of the game, don’t think the girls / women really want this, but for many it’s a dream come true.

I’ll watch if it’s any good, not for any other reason. Like the WBBL on tv earlier today. I gave it 10 minutes.

I really like women's sport; beach volleyball, tennis and mud wrestling.

Not sure women’s footy will do it for me though, unless the uniforms are Lycra.

Lingerie AFL could be a winner

No

I care. Wifes cousin is playing in it. But a definite case of “hope she stars, hope her team gets thrashed”. Unspeakable who she’s ended up at.

Actually, without an Essendon side, they’re all diabolical choices.

I’m disappointed we don’t have a team. And I think it’s important that the competition is a success. I’d definitely be interested if their was a team running around in red and black. We dropped the ball by not getting involved on the ground floor.

I’ll watch it, because I watch pretty much any sport there is to be consumed on FTA TV (apart from golf, horse racing and tennis). Without an Essendon team, I have zero interest in the outcome of games other than hopefully to see the Scum and Filth get flogged.

I’m interested. I think it will be a success too.

I'll go to the odd game and certainly watch it on TV. I'll attend a lot more often if and when Essendon fields a team.

I expect the standard to be pretty ordinary to begin with but that’s ok, it will be interesting to watch it improve over time.

There are some pretty ordinary standard men’s games over the course of a season.

Will there be a mother - son rule? If so we need to be in on it.

Will there be a father - daughter rule far more important in the short term. I imagine there are already a few contenders.

Will there be a mother - son rule? If so we need to be in on it.
Will there be a father - daughter rule far more important in the short term. I imagine there are already a few contenders.
Forward line completed:

The sport of AFL is the best in the world and is watchable on all standards. I’m looking forward to celebrating 3 bomber wins on a weekend with you all. If you disagree then you are an idiot.

Don’t care and probably won’t watch it, because Essendon aren’t in it.

It’s good that it will inspire more people to get active and pick up a footy.

It’s bollocks that people are only now acknowledging female football and the AFL getting credit for this despite competitions running in Melbourne for some time now.

With or without an Essendon team my care factor would be the same.

Absolute Zero.

But those of us who want us to have a team and want to watch it, go right ahead and enjoy it. Couldn’t pay me enough to watch it or be even remotely interested in it.

I'll go to the odd game and certainly watch it on TV. I'll attend a lot more often if and when Essendon fields a team.

I expect the standard to be pretty ordinary to begin with but that’s ok, it will be interesting to watch it improve over time.

There are some pretty ordinary standard men’s games over the course of a season.

That’s the exceptional rather than the rule though
If you evened out the physicality, based on skills/game sense the women are about on par with Eastern a Football League 2nd or 3rd division
If you factor in the physical aspect then obviously the gap widens significantly

In my local league the girls often play before the match before we go out, and some of them go very ■■■■■■ hard at it. Yes, the kicks aren’t as long, the speed not as fast, but the white line fever factor is immense.

I will watch some games, but like many here, until Essendon has a side I won’t have any invested interest. And for those of us with a bit of a tom-boy daughter, I’d love to see my girl in the red and black if that’s her dream.

For those who only watch female sport when it involves tight clothes or lingerie, go wank yourselves into oblivion.

Would be more interested if essendon had a team. Dissapointed they dont. Will still be interested as I have a lot of friends who play women’s footy and they are all farking excited about this - there is a demand for this so anyone who thinks this is being ‘force fed’ has nfi.

For those who only watch female sport when it involves tight clothes or lingerie, go wank yourselves into oblivion.

Couldnt have said it better!

With no Essendon team in the comp, do you have any interest in the competition at all?

LOL.I don’t even care about the AFL.

In my local league the girls often play before the match before we go out, and some of them go very ■■■■■■ hard at it.

I don’t think anyone would doubt that, but overall he standard of women’s is comparatively low (even when factoring in the physical differences)
I’ve been involved in an official or observational capacity in women’s footy since 2011 with a side that finished third last year in Eastern division 2 (getting knocked out in a thrilling 2.6 to 3.2 match in perfect conditions on a VFL ground)
I’d say approximately 50% of the side can’t kick a drop punt, bounce the ball, handball with their opposite hand (or in some cases handball at all) or mark overhead. It’s the equivalent of a pennant(?) tennis player that can only hit forehands
I’ve said it numerous times, but there needs to be an improvement at the grass roots level before the skill set at the highest level is gender equivalent. This may happen naturally as the amount of involvement (playing and coaching) increases, but the AFL could drastically speed up the process by investigating more into educating coaches, school holiday workshops etc