General AGM / Earl of Warwick "Kingmaker" thread

Subtitle for forum: Approved!

Where are the two candidates that made such a song & dance across the media last year about being so credentialed & vital to a fresh start?

Weak one hit wonders, makes you question their motives even more now. Good on those who have put themselves up again this year.

So can we have a teensy-weensy little bit of fun in this thread then if we must keep things straight in others?

If you’re referring to Katie and Paul your comments say much more about you than them.

I have this rule about social media… Don’t say anything about anyone that you wouldn’t say to their face… I suggest you give it a try.

Where are the two candidates that made such a song & dance across the media last year about being so credentialed & vital to a fresh start?

Weak one hit wonders, makes you question their motives even more now. Good on those who have put themselves up again this year.

So can we have a teensy-weensy little bit of fun in this thread then if we must keep things straight in others?

If you’re referring to Katie and Paul your comments say much more about you than them.

I have this rule about social media… Don’t say anything about anyone that you wouldn’t say to their face… I suggest you give it a try.

You should probably heed your own advice and maybe add try not assuming and having a go at someone if you are not completely sure. Obviously it can’t be Lio & Cousins as they are on the board already, they can’t put themselves up again, they are secure for three years.

I am slightly disappointed in them but understand they are in a tough spot (as some others on here are and as much as I can be from afar) however I have said nothing untoward about them.

I definitely wasn’t talking about them, I was referring to the two sooky muppets who whinged both before & after losing to them last year.

oops!

Does anyone else think it is interesting that the Gooch didn’t nominate again?

Interesting that Gauci and Cunningham didn’t nominate this year. I guess now Hird’s gone their agendas are no longer valid.

You should probably heed your own advice and maybe add try not assuming and having a go at someone if you are not completely sure. Obviously it can’t be Lio & Cousins as they are on the board already, they can’t put themselves up again, they are secure for three years.

I am slightly disappointed in them but understand they are in a tough spot (as some others on here are and as much as I can be from afar) however I have said nothing untoward about them.

I definitely wasn’t talking about them, I was referring to the two sooky muppets who whinged both before & after losing to them last year.

While i’ll agree the assuming part is wrong and what gets us all in trouble some time or another, to be honest i’m betting most like myself and said poster were on the same line of thinking who you meant, so it wasn’t very clear it was about other names that have now been mentioned in the thread.

Sorry KJ …thanks for clarifying

Sorry KJ ...thanks for clarifying

No dramas, definitely no need to apologise. Although it says alot about the quality of person you are :slight_smile:

Diggers will never leave.

Vote for Raptopoulos

We still never found out whether or not he’s married.
For all his qualities, and there are many, you can do better.

Just listening to the podcast of Julian Porter’s interview on SEN. Seems a decent candidate.

Football experience.
Is part of Mantra Group which operates a major hotel chain.

Interesting that Gauci and Cunningham didn't nominate this year. I guess now Hird's gone their agendas are no longer valid.
This may not go down well around here, but at least as far as Cunningham is concerned, I think his "anti-Hird agenda" was exaggerated and largely imaginary. (Gauci is a different story.) Why would he re-nominate at the very next election, having received so few votes last time? That's why I think the Raptor's nomination is embarrassing, rather than admirable. His choice though. He won't be getting my vote.

Why does the media give a ■■■■ about who is on our board? Most of us don’t even give a ■■■■

Why does the media give a ■■■■ about who is on our board? Most of us don't even give a ■■■■

Do the do the same thing with other clubs, but we just don’t notice or give a ■■■■?

Just listening to the podcast of Julian Porter's interview on SEN. Seems a decent candidate.

Football experience.
Is part of Mantra Group which operates a major hotel chain.

I reckon he only got an interview because they gave David Barham 8 minutes of air time. Both spoke really well.

Does anyone else think it is interesting that the Gooch didn't nominate again?
Not particularly. He'll end up on some other club's board that he's always been super-duper passionate about forever.

Did the Raptor reply when we (presumably?) reached out to him.
There’s only so much pick 4&5 draft thread I can take.

Did the Raptor reply when we (presumably?) reached out to him. There's only so much pick 4&5 draft thread I can take.

No, Nick hasn’t responded.

Don’t leave me hangin’, Nick. Don’t leave me hangin’.

RAPTO!