General Australian news

According to report, some of the survivors who have spoken to police allege Mr Button addressed his passengers through the vehicle’s internal microphone moments before he lost control and said, “If you think that was fast … watch this.”

Kind of surprised that was even published, given that it is before the courts.

2 Likes

Pretty much all buses are diesel. The news said there are about 200 buses without seat belts, but l don’t know if that is state wide or across Australia.

Bunch of young people loaded up on wine and if that reports true a rev head of a bus driver.

Sounds like he wasnt responsible at all and if im being kind impressionable from maybe even someone drunk egging him on.

I’d egg on a commercial pilot to do a barrel roll if I could on a flight, but I’d expect them to go “whatever, ■■■■■■■■”, and continue to be a professional.

I know you aren’t trying to frame it as a defense for the driver. But, honestly in a situation like this, if they did indeed drive more recklessly because someone was egging them on, it should be grounds for more severe punishment.

5 Likes

Im not, but this a 58 year old bloke from Maitland with a bus licence not a commercial pilot. Did you see the guy coming out of court? He looked like an old mate coming outta the front bar.

Its not a defence and I doubt it would be anything other than perhaps a mitigating factor in sentencing if there was a toxic atmosphere aboard.

What else would have him boasting about speeding?

Could just be a genuine bogan ■■■■■■■

2 Likes

I have seen people tell the driver to slow down and they say things like “nah watch this” then speed up. Could be like this you know.

1 Like

Yep could be as well. You’d think though that he wouldnt have driven in the same manner carrying a bus load of pensioners.

He should obviously not have sped at all, then 10 people would still be here.
:worried:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Miscellaneous VFLWomen comments and articles

Herald-Sunners, please follow the link above and post the article.

1 Like

All outbound lanes of the West Gate Bridge are closed, due to a bus fire. Heavy delays are building quickly on the outbound lanes of the West Gate Freeway. Consider alternatives like Footscray Road; or CityLink, Calder Freeway and the M80 Ring Road. #victraffic

https://twitter.com/VicTraffic/status/1678314185820631041?s=20

Is it a Battery powered Bus?

A Fire Rescue Victoria spokesperson told ABC Radio there were no passengers on the diesel-powered bus.

1 Like

it just wanted to play fire bangers, like horses

1 Like

I feel like this goes some way to affirming my view that a bus really isn’t a vehicle you want to be crashing in.

1 Like

Nice AI.
150km/h looks like the sweet spot!

1 Like

I don’t think there are enough pejoratives in the English language for this one. He should be disposed of.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, I’m opposed to the death penalty. However, I cannot mount a convincing argument in these circumstances. The perpetrator is not fit for humanity.

6 Likes

Also my deepest sympathy to the victims, families and the officers who literally had to view each image and video to cover the proofs of the offence.

1 Like

I think you’ll find his fellow inmates are not going to treat him too kindly.

1 Like