General Australian news

Jarryd Hayne gets amazingly positive press for a convicted rapist.

Those poor kids :frowning:

1 Like

Straight clear stretch of country road that has a 40 kph limit during the time the accident happened.

I drive along it most days going to my factory to dodge the Western Freeway. Always lots of trucks and they never slow down.

It is very sad.

4 Likes

Those poor kids.

1 Like

I am a wary driver at the best of times, but when there are trucks on the road, even more so. I agree that trucks drive too fast.

I was in the second right lane of the Monash at around Warrigal Road this morning, travelling at 80 which is what traffic was doing. I had a B-double up my clacker only one car length behind - absolutely no room for error if I had to hit the anchors because of the car in front of me. Scary even in a fairly large 4WD, terrifying if in a small car.

2 Likes

I once saw a bus crashed and laying on its side. I was crossing the border from Pakistan to India, so a long time ago now, but unforgettable. The bus was on old British make from the early 1950s, and had a gaping hole in the front where the driver would have been. The engine was still running and because it was still in gear the rear wheels were spinning away useless, but that wasn’t the most astounding thing. Standing on the side of the bus, was a lone Sikh. He was straddling the open windows and shuffling backwards from the front to the back of the bus he was pulling hapless passengers out of the open windows and then helping them down to the ground over the upturned roof. He was on his own assisting people out of the bus and no one stopped or came to help. My bus just kept on going, but did slow down so that everyone could get a better view of the accident.

1 Like

Sikh Assistance

3 Likes

Jeez, no one helped, that’s terrible.

1 Like
1 Like

This is horrific

1 Like

Absolutely terrible. Just awful. Awful.

1 Like

Only just caught this. Inconceivable.

First the bus with the kids, now this one. :cry:

1 Like

I know the idea is just not to crash in the first place, but I’m beginning to suspect that buses really aren’t the vehicle you want to be in if you do have a crash.
Particularly as most used for public transport and even school pickups don’t have seat belts (which is kind of mind boggling in 2023).

1 Like

There were kids in the Vic crash wearing seatbelts that had to be cut out to get them out of the bus, with petrol around the bus.

Bus driver has been charged over the crash.

He took the corner too fast and rolled onto the barrier:

If it was just a case of travelling too fast, wouldn’t the top of the bus be at the outside of the curve?

My guess is there was also a swerve/ overcorrection that caused it to roll the other way.

Horrific crash in any case.

1 Like

Would have been travelling this way presumably.

2 Likes

According to survivors he was boasting about his speeding.