General Positivity Thread

I thought about finding something.

Tried really hard.

Nup. Not this week.

Yeah not much from me either.

6 years between posts in the general positivity thread. Says something doesn’t it.

I think the Lid On thread should make a takeover bid for this thread, its an underused asset with potential value, I mean we could use accept panic dollars for the purchase price.

Or, just gurge it and be done with it.

1 Like

Our footy club really cant play any worse?

That’s a positive.

Of course losing to Stkilda, Brisbane at the G, getting smoked by Collingwood on Anzac day? That is going to feel waay worse.

As will handing over our first rounder at the end of the season to perhaps the Premiers will too.

Sorry. I tried to start positive at least!!

Umm…
Erm…
The final siren was a positive, wasn’t it? I mean it put an end to that flea-bitten, mouldy dog turd of a game, didn’t It?
Umm…
Nope, got nuthin’ else… we are ■■■■…

One positive. The HOT CHIPS at the ground looked good. I didn’t have them but they looked good. Had the gozleme. Probably should’ve gone the chips instead.

6 Likes

In the same way that the Essington team looked good on paper??

1 Like

The VFL won a scratch match against the bottom team by 100 pts…that’s something

154 days until the end of the season.

2 Likes

At least it’s only Round 1 and it was a game we were expected to lose. Had we played like that against the worst sides we still would have lost and given up 4 points that we would have banked on

Better to be playing like this now and not round 5 or 6 as we’d be 0-6 and season over

Positives:
1/ we can only improve - no way they can serve that up again
2/ it was round 1, we have the entire season to improve on from here
3/ no one was seriously injured
4/ we have St Kilda next week, back home - and should be able to be 1-1 going into round 3.
5/ Woosha and the coaches have some legit ammuniton to blast the playing group with (whether they do it or not is another question)

Positives

parish had 5 goals and 35 disposals in the VFL on the weekend.
And Redman and Gleeson have returned from injury in the VFL.

2 Likes

I’m positive there are no positives

We won our first game last season, didn’t make the finals.

Collingwood lost their first 2 games last season and played in the Grand Final. (and could’ve won)

(info thanks to my brother :slightly_smiling_face:)

4 Likes

In four weeks we’ll have turned the corner.

2 Likes

A loss like this means you can’t sugar coat it. We need to find out what went wrong and fix.

The loss will bring us closer to where we need to be

Does it lead to an even darker alley?

Positive : Our gameplan is still a secret.

2 Likes

I hope we win the next four or lose the next four.
2-2 is the worst possible result for this club.