General World News

20 Likes

He’s either done this on purpose, or he’s really, really stupid. Actually both of those things could be true.

2 Likes

Hopefully he buys CNN next.

1 Like

Nah, he’d probably make Fox more profitable than it already is. There’s no need for someone to control viewpoints on Fox; that already happens.

It gets better.

8 Likes

“How does go forth and multiply sound?”

It’s quite amazing to watch, I’ve never seen a big company fall apart so quickly when it’s not due to bankruptcy or a financial scandal.

Just one man taking over and trying to change the culture and workforce too quickly.

4 Likes

The history that will be lost. Check the time stamp…

3 Likes

I was in Afghanistan when that happened. We copped rockets every night for a week afterwards.

3 Likes

“Sure, I’d like a ride on one of those rockets when we get back to the moon. Deal?”

Took me a moment.

There is a lot of contemporary cultural value in twitter, that will be lost unless archived effectively.

Following the cultural trends which occurred from its beginning to end would be an interesting anthropological exercise in a decade or two

3 Likes
4 Likes

Look at me, I’m edgy and clever by pretending to be self-aware of how badly I’ve farked up.

4 Likes

I learnt about this in Stargate. If you have a big spaceship and you want to change direction, you have to do so slowly. If you try to do it too fast it gets torn apart by its own inertia. Apparently that’s the same with a big company. If you try to make massive changes too quickly, things start to fall apart.

1 Like

Also the same if you want to move a tree. You gotta do it slowly.

Nemawashi is your friend. I’m gardening and in business.

1 Like

I write code for a living. In my professional opinion - this guy has no fkg idea.

6 Likes

Excellent.

And in Babylon 5 I learned the dangers of acting too soon with limited information.

From Blakes 7 I learned that fanaticism can have disastrous consequences.

3 Likes

You brought it up before, but I can’t help worrying about blowback effects on SpaceX, Tesla, etc.