Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

Hey Connors…use your magic and tell Ryder to go to Gws. Make sense, more money with them than what Port is offering.

If he is happy to live in Adelaide we should open the trade to Adelaide aswell

From The Age:
"...Ryder, who is leaving the club following his disappointment in the club's treatment of its players in the 2011-2012 drugs program..."

Has this actually been established?

The Age in the past may have required this, but now if you say something enough won't people believe any sh*t?

Pretty annoyed this drug saga has now cost us one of our best players. We are a shambles

However, if the flog doesn't want to play for us then he can go with my blessing

We wont get screwed because we are actually losing a player that doesn't want to be here. Its a win win

My only wish is that he realises one day that he made a massive mistake and never ever gets over it

Hope it eats away at him forever................Judas

From the Herald Scum… I mean Sun:

“PORT Adelaide will not entertain the prospect of trading away one of its star young guns to secure wantaway Essendon ruckman Paddy Ryder.

While the Bombers have threatened to play hardball and reportedly cheekily said the Power can cough up Chad Wingard or Ollie Wines in exchange for Ryder, Port is adamant it will not let go of any player it considers to be crucial in its chase for a second premiership.”

That’s not all…

“Hinkley has put his club‘s first-round draft pick, currently No. 16, on the table for Ryder - who has been offered a five-year mega-deal to move to Alberton - and has not ruled out the possibility of adding a mid-range player to the deal.”

So they think we will accept that rubbish… I dont see anything cheeky in asking for Wines or Wingard…

From The Age:
"The AFL Players Association has indicated it will push to accelerate the grievance process should Essendon refuse a reasonable trade for Ryder, who is leaving the club following his disappointment in the club's treatment of its players in the 2011-2012 drugs program."
Pfft who is Connors and the AFLPA to tell us what's a good deal? And where were they when GC played hardball with us??

So f**king over all this blackmail/bullshit from our "enemies". Can't someone from the club come up with a smoking gun to keep these bastards quiet. There must be a recording of "someone" tipping us off illegally , or proof that "someone" in their role as a club president and meda mogul was actively colluding to bring another club into disrepute via the Sarah stunt. Instead, we're just seemingly copping it in the ringhole from all comers. Just when we were looking to get a decent run on, this shizen keeps finding ways to derail us. And now we can't even seem to get a fair trade when one of our best players is being co-erced to leave.

Enough please! 

Hate to say it cause I love Paddy, but if he doesn't want to be at Essendon and doesn't get out he will be of no use to us. Couldn't see another year like this year if he is not happy.

According to his interview ( Channel 7) he has had issues for some time ??? In spite of that he played very well. Some players forget issues when they go on the field. Others are badly effected .

Well that would certainly explain his inconsistencies, and then his brilliant season in 2014 - seems like he'd made his mind up prior to this season perhaps.

IDEA: SUE SOMEONE
-- Paul Little

"A LITIGIOUS NIGHTMARE".

Ok so Port are Willing to part with pick 16. which is not enough we need to think what sort of player they have in surplus of that could add value to our team. Realistically Wingard, Wines etc are going to be untouchable. I am thinking they will be more likely to trade someone like white, Neade, not to sure who else really. Need either speedy wingers or fwds, but most of all ruckman. 

Why don't we ask for Monfries and pick 16.

Tell 'em they're dreamin'

Stop it, just stop it.

Ryder has been a boy turned into a teen, now become a man in the eyes of us as far as footy goes.

He has his wife, and football manager, and (as benfti says) other factors at play.

He's a laid back cat rather than 'he's not intelligent;.

But everyone take a deep breath before you bag the guy.

In light of the last two years, maybe the external, and internal forces that are Paddys life, lead to this current scenario.

Man, I love his nature.

But that nature can so easily be manipulated.

Gotta love the media. Beams is worth dangerfield, or pick 4 and a top 10 player. Ryder is worth pick 16.

I thought players had leverage in trades when they were not going to get another contract? as they could just walk into the PSD. Why can't we just trade him to wherever we get the best offer?

#16 and Broadbent would be reasonable.

We will end up with #16 and Moore.

Stop it, just stop it.
Ryder has been a boy turned into a teen, now become a man in the eyes of us as far as footy goes.
He has his wife, and football manager, and (as benfti says) other factors at play.
He's a laid back cat rather than 'he's not intelligent;.
But everyone take a deep breath before you bag the guy.
In light of the last two years, maybe the external, and internal forces that are Paddys life, lead to this current scenario.
Man, I love his nature.
But that nature can so easily be manipulated.

It's ok whatever he does because he is layed back and easy going
There is a clear difference between wanting to leave because of the saga to be close to support networks
And moving to a contented who is throwing cash at him while shopping your services around

A funny thing and maybe it helps with this Ryder thing is that now when we threaten to sue, people believe it!
Port want Ryder desperately and immediately. He could get them a flag.
So other that pick 16 what else is useful to us but not to them?
16 and Butcher? We need forwards. Could Bomber get his head straight?

What would people prefer?
There has been a lot of anger about the years of development put into Patrick and the fact that he chooses to leave now, after an extremely good and consistent year. And anger about other things. Lot's of anger.
But for the purpose of this question, put that aside.
Hypothetically which situation would you prefer?
A) Patrick decides to leave whilst still contracted (for 1, 2 or 3+ more years), thus allowing the club to trade him for best possible value (the current scenario)
OR
B ) Patrick was only contracted until this year, tells club he wants to leave, we have very little trade leverage and won't get anywhere near his value (Adam McPhee/Cuddles)
C) Heath Hocking
I know some people still think that we will get peanuts in a trade even though he's under contract, but at least this way he has given us the best chance of getting something good for him.

thats a very good point
I know you're bias but really? He's as treacherous as they come.
I hope they hold firm and refuse to trade unless we get overs. He's a money hungry ■■■■.

Every 2nd page we seem to get a request from someone wanting us to email the club to ensure they don't accept an unreasonable trade. WTF, have you not been paying attention to Dodoro's work over the last decade plus? Look in the dictionary under 'unreasonable' and there is a big picture of Dodoros grinning mug. The guy only let go of Gumby on the last day of trade week last year, and he was fringe at best.

Ryder is contracted, he is not going to want to go to court, relax and watch the ■■■■ fight.

A funny thing and maybe it helps with this Ryder thing is that now when we threaten to sue people believe it!
Port want Ryder desperately and immediately. He could get them a flag.
So other that pick 16 what else is useful to us but not to them?
butcher?

What?