Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

Do they actually say that,… or that he’s been charged with assault,… stop, … and with hindering police?

Media trickery making it look like something it isn’t through clever, deliberate wording??

They’d never stoop so low, … surely?? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I really have no idea, but going by the PAFC press release it sounds like Paddy may well have been defending his brother, which culturally he is pretty much obligated to do, no rational thought would usually enter into it. My experience of Adelaide cops is they are pretty officious compared to Melbourne, which doesn’t help the situation.

Being totally Bombercentric, if Paddy gets a club suspension for this it may well hinder him getting to 100 games for Port. He is averaging 20 games a year excluding 2016, he will be 30yo and on 40 games at the beginning of next year, so he may be 33 before he was a chance to play 100 games for Port.

Could you imagine Koch (if he does an Eddy and goes on forever) missing out on Paddy’s father sons and father daughters because of the WADA suspension …

1 Like

Port Adelaide ruckman Paddy Ryder has been charged with assault
Michelangelo Rucci, adelaidenow
3 minutes ago

PORT Adelaide ruckman Patrick Ryder has been arrested and charged with assaulting police after a fracas outside an Adelaide nightclub following the Grand Final.

The club has confirmed the incident also involved Ryder’s younger brother and cousin in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Following the incident, Ryder was charged with assaulting police and hindering police.

4 Likes

Sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

3 Likes

Good to see his family was there for him in Adelaide.

3 Likes

Poor governance at PA.

5 Likes

WSPHU

“It’s not Dempsey it’s Ryderrrr!”

5 Likes

Blitz is great at expressing schadenfreude.

If only the Crows showed as much fight as Paddy did earlier on in the day.

2 Likes

Didn’t think he had it in him. Took him for a more laconic type.

1 Like

I heard that he lacked intensity during the assault though.

9 Likes

Well the charged isn’t verbal assualt

2 Likes

Is the sentence for a laconic assault the same as normal assault?

4 Likes

I think you know that laconic assault would result in a very short sentence.

19 Likes

But he is a very accurate

Did he hold the tackle?

Assaulting police is a dog act. Hope the coppers strayed his groin with capsicum spray.

1 Like

Assuming the officer wasn’t hurt, what is the most likely penalty - any ideas?

Would have been nice to see that kind of aggression in a few more games in the red and black. Eat a bag of Diicks Paddy, you will always exist in football purgatory. Never quite playing enough games for the Port scum to truly love you and forever hated by the club you loved.

7 Likes

Indeed. If he was legitimately involved in the deed then he deserves to have the book thrown at him IMO.