Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

That’s because he can’t communicate properly

4 Likes

Too laconic to turn up to get his life membership.

2 Likes

I thought they were in Brisbane

Should not have been given the honour of life membership at this brilliant club. He ruined his reputation at the club forever.
I don’t wish injury but I wish no success for him.

Don’t come back to pick it up mate.

3 Likes

Wife’s family - Brisbane
His family - Perth (or somewhere else in WA)

1 Like

Geraldton.

I think it’s a joke that he has been given life membership.

Feels like a bit of a slap in the face to the supporters as well.

I have booed him since he left and will continue to do so

11 Likes

Before I full form my opinion. Does he have sons?

1 Like

Donnington please.

Imagine if in the week of that Elim final you said in this forum

“I think Paddy should be offered a life membership by the club”

You’d be torn to shreds.

■■■■ him.

6 Likes

Should definitely be able to tell some ■■■■■ that, despite reaching a certain milestone, that they can go and get ■■■■■■.
Payday Ryder can go and get ■■■■■■.

8 Likes

Just another poor decision by the club. We just don’t learn.

4 Likes

All i hope it’s that he doesn’t get to 100 games at Port, in case his kid turns out to be good.

Life membership should go to stabby, bomber5au, littlehirdy and kesslin for contributions to getting the truth of the saga out.

Not a bloke who bent the club over.

37 Likes

^^^Best post in the thread!

3 Likes

honestly im so over holding onto resentment for players who decided to leave, no matter the circumstances. The club ■■■■■■ up well and good and Id be hard pressed to say that we didnt deserve to be reamed by the players over it.

Paddy played some good footy for us, over a long period of time, with some exceptional football in between it all, he deserves the recognition for that.

3 Likes

No one hates Crameri, Monfries, Carlisle, Melksham or Hibbered.

Paddy was just an absolute ■■■■ the way he went about it.

26 Likes

monfries left pre saga, people were happy to see melksham go because he was trash, and im pretty sure people still like to deride carlisle at every chance they get. Hibberd and Crameri are two who i think copped the least.

regardless, dont agree with how paddy did it, but cant blame him if he couldnt care about diplomacy at that point intime

shrugs
People remember the way you leave.
No-one forced him to be a ■■■■.

8 Likes

Playing devil’s advocate, what do you think might have happened if they gave life memberships to everyone else who met the criteria, but excluded Paddy?

Probably thought about it, but didn’t want another media feeding frenzy. “Ooh look, Essendon are being horrible to Paddy Ryder again!”

4 Likes