Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

If a player meets the criteria for life membership then he gets life membership.

10 Likes

You havenā€™t been here if you think no one hates cramers, carlol melshkam, hibbard.

Pretty sure he has been here, and he has a reasonable view of views held by reasonable people.

Why should anyone have to moderate their posts to accommodate views by an unreasonable and very rare minority of posters?

2 Likes

one extreme is better than another.

thanks A_T

1 Like

100% agree, if meets the clubs criteria for awarding life membership and denying him would been seen as extremely petty and cause more of media circus (http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2012-01-02/life-membership-selection-criteria-amended). I assume that life membership been awarded in the past to players that did switch clubs.

In business you do need to make decisions that you may not feel 100% happy about but policies etc dictate what you can do.

It was a 24 news cycle, a few nice fluff pieces just image the alternate,

3 Likes

Definitely not on the same level as Ryder.

1 Like

Thats a very good point. Just wish Xav gave him a few backhanded compliments during his speech about him.

Exactly right, none of the other boys had their manager make it known they were leaving during the lead up to a final. He acted like a ā– ā– ā– ā–  and deserves nothing from the club as a result.

Totally understand some just want to move on but Iā€™m not ready to let this one go any time soon.

4 Likes

So all of you sooks that wonā€™t let this goā€¦ how would you feel if he has sons that turn out to be guns and want to play for Essendon?
I bet you suddenly wonā€™t care

2 Likes

Iā€™d be quite happy for none of his family to ever set foot in the club again.

5 Likes

Only a few seriously dense posters ā€œhateā€ them.

You mean the deformed ones? Still laugh that he used that as an excuse but then spoke to the port doctor and suddenly his mind was at ease.

3 Likes

This has always made me bristle.

No one has any evidence or idea if Paddy did that, in fact, I really donā€™t think he would, itā€™s just not in his nature.

Iā€™ve always thought that was a move by Connors at the least, but more & most likely, the AFL that did it to derail the sides chances of success, thereby undermining Hirdy in order to help them achieve their agenda, and get him out as Coach.

Iā€™m really amazed at how many havenā€™t worked this out yet.

Paddy was given an ultimatum from his missus, and had to leave or lose his kids was the story,ā€¦ so therefore was on a hiding to nothing in that regard. He was also lied to by ASADA etc on the chances that EFCā€™s program put his unborn child in danger etc.

Anyone who thinks Paddy has a manipulative, or super nasty bone in his body, or wanted to hurt the club, or in anyway orchestrated any of the BS that went on in his leaving, should really think again, IMO.

Paddy was used and played as a pawn in it all I reckon.)

(Pawn is blocked? really?)

6 Likes

Again, please produce any evidence or media article/quote etc, that shows PADDY used this.

I agree with BD re Ryder. No doubt paddy had decided to leave, but it was difficult to keep the secret given his wife and manager both knew. I would back that it was his wife who let the secret out as she wouldā€™ve hated us; not to mention that given we got Stringer for a bottle top, Connors is my new best mate.

Maybe folks on here are pizzed because he wouldnā€™t go to GWS, but Iā€™d want to choose my next employer rather than going to the one that best suited my previous employer.

It was 2014, Hird wasnā€™t coaching, and I reckon Bomba taking us deep into finals that year would have put more pressure on Hirdā€™s job than us losing a final to sideshow bob.

I highly doubt Ryder ā€˜orchestratedā€™ what happened, but it did happen, and the manager who made it happen, is still his manager.

Iā€™ve personally forgiven Paddy - somewhat anyway - but he still left the club like a c*nt, and as every other player who left showedā€¦ It didnā€™t have to be like that.

9 Likes

See I donā€™t think he did leave like a prick, I think those around him did all the prick work, I just think he had to leave, whether he wanted to or not, and Port offered the best deal for him, and his family, and a large tight indigenous group where he would feel secure & happier.

He was never that forthright or assertive Paddy. Always struck me as very meek and one who would be easily taken advantage of, or steered.

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with that, as I said, I doubt he orchestrated it. But it still happened, and heā€™s still a grown adult, no matter how meek he is. Heā€™s not a child.

The coke-snorting sook who bagged the club out to opposition players on the field, left with more grace than Paddy did.

9 Likes

Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong here, it was a while ago,ā€¦ but again, I donā€™t recall Paddy saying much at all, if anything about it, so Iā€™m not sure where or when he even had an opportunity to be graceless.

He didnā€™t leave in any way, it was those around him that did all the ā€œwayā€ stuff.

Iā€™d have Connors, the AFL, and even the club in the stocks over it all before Paddy.

2 Likes

I guess this is a different Paddy Ryder.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/paddy-ryder-takes-parting-shot-at-bombers-saying-drug-saga-caused-fear-for-family/news-story/349e52f323cfad25876cfa62dba1e229

The guy leveraged the Saga to get out of the club.

10 Likes