GF entertainment

The perfect grand final day:

7:00 am. The roof collapses at the Norf Melbin breakfast.

5:00 pm. Essendon holds premiership cup up.

6:00 pm. Brem collects at the TAB. 

Couldn't give a stuff about the rest. 

It's a way to create "atmosphere" in a game often bereft of atmosphere.

Give competing rival members full access to tickets and allow full on brawls.

Who needs washed up old singers then?

Fk me. 

9 TAC Cup GF

11.30 VFL GF

2.40 AFL GF

even better and perfect

The GF is a farce.  The general public cannot get tickets unless they buy some expensive package.  Club members have no hope of a ticket unless they are competing and then in EFC case, you have to be a HiMark or better member to be guaranteed seats.   60,000 AFL members get access to 25000 tickets.

But if I am a valued client of any farken big business, then they will wine me, dine me and the Wife or girl friend and give me the best seats in the house.

No longer a "peoples" game; in fact the whole AFL is there for the benefit of the corporate elite. 

The GF is a farce.  The general public cannot get tickets unless they buy some expensive package.  Club members have no hope of a ticket unless they are competing and then in EFC case, you have to be a HiMark or better member to be guaranteed seats.   60,000 AFL members get access to 25000 tickets.

But if I am a valued client of any farken big business, then they will wine me, dine me and the Wife or girl friend and give me the best seats in the house.

No longer a "peoples" game; in fact the whole AFL is there for the benefit of the corporate elite. 

I've heard people say this for 30 years. When could you ever get tickets easily?

I've heard people say this for 30 years. When could you ever get tickets easily?

When fletch was a kid.

oh god. Up There Cazaly AGAIN!???

I have been to all Essendon Grand Finals since 1968. Even in 93, it was still easy for any member to get a ticket. As the game became more professional in the mid to late 90's is where it changed. All these companies were pouring money it to the game and they wanted something back. The AFL bent over backwards to facilitate them. All of a sudden the biggest day(s) for footy fans were the Prelim Finals where you get 90 odd thousand real footy fans screaming themselves hoarse for their tea. Now the Grand Final is such a let down as an event. All the best seats are taken by the theatre goers and the real fans are left out in the cold.

When Essendon played in the 2000 GF, I was a full member but could only manage to obtain a Standing Room ticket for $70 under the Southern Stand, where when the ball is kicked in the air, you cannot see it. That was it me for me. I didn't bother even trying in 2001.

He'd better do the ■■■■■ Cat song.  Nothing says Footy like that one.

Fk me. 

LOL

Seriously though, who over the age of about 17 watches the 'entertainment'? Pre game is the time for smashing back beers.

It's the retirement arena for old, past their use by date musicians. Ed should be alright though. 

Fk me. 

LOL

Seriously though, who over the age of about 17 watches the 'entertainment'? Pre game is the time for smashing back beers.

FKG THANK YOU.

I'd never want to see a band I like play the gf, it would ruin them forever. horrendous sound, no crowd involvement, manufactured atmosphere...fark that.

THE GRAND Final curtainraiser will return to the MCG this year, with the NAB AFL Academy to play an Allies team of draft prospects.

The two sides will play ahead of the AFL's premiership decider, with the NAB AFL 'All Stars' match to start at 10am on Grand Final morning.

The Academy side, featuring the best players eligible for next year's 2015 draft, will take on the Allies side.

The Allies will consist of the best players from NSW/ACT, the Northern Territory, Queensland and Tasmania who are eligible for this year's draft.

I'd never want to see a band I like play the gf, it would ruin them forever. horrendous sound, no crowd involvement, manufactured atmosphere...fark that.

Barnesy's sound sucked when he played working class man at the anti work choices rally at the MCG. To get a good sound there you'd have to install lots of chipboard panels everywhere which is impractical for a footy match. 

Fk me. 

LOL

FKG THANK YOU.

Actually missed one thing. Cooking a bbq whilst smashing down beers. Gotta have bbq smell and food on GF day.

Just hope I give a ■■■■ enough this year to watch it. The game that is.

Barnesy sucks

EFA

It's madness that they persist with musical entertainment.  I paid good money to see U2 at the MCG, they wheeled in 26 semi trailers of equipment, worst sound ever.  The MCG is not an auditorium. 

I like the curtainraiser but start it later and leave out all the musical balls.

It's madness that they persist with musical entertainment.  I paid good money to see U2 at the MCG, they wheeled in 26 semi trailers of equipment, worst sound ever.  The MCG is not an auditorium. 

I like the curtainraiser but start it later and leave out all the musical balls.

I listened to U2 from the car park at both the MCG and Waverley. Cost me around 25 bucks for a six-pack and a couple of bags of chips both times.  Had a ball.  Sounded great.  Don't feel I missed much in not seeing an over-sized lemon, a bunch of flashing lights or Bono in his prententious sunglasses.