Gold Coast

Will they automatically make the top 8 next year.

Once they get a few injuries their depth is a little bare.

Yes they will have 5 top gun mids - swallow, bennell, ablett, Omeara Martin

But is the rest of the list good enough?

I think they should make finals but am not sure they will challenge the Hawks/swans for a couple of years.

GWS list is full of more talent due to them stockpiling trades.

Not right at the top of my list of things to give serious thought to at the moment. 

We had a number of prophets of doom on this forum and others saying that GC and GWS would be juggernauts - I don't see it happening, and still believe that that GC and GWS at the most will share two premierships by 2000. I expect GC to make the finals in 2015 and probably win a final. Beyond that we need to wait and see.

We had a number of prophets of doom on this forum and others saying that GC and GWS would be juggernauts - I don't see it happening, and still believe that that GC and GWS at the most will share two premierships by 2000. I expect GC to make the finals in 2015 and probably win a final. Beyond that we need to wait and see.

Is that you Marty? ;)

I think it is reasonable to think that in the next 6 years GWS and GC will win 2 flags, or at least make 3 GFs. I personally think that unless their cap reduces to everyone elses levels as they are meant to in the next 5 years, they will probably make more than 3 GFs combined in the next 6 years.

I honestly don’t think GC or GWS will win flags in the next 10 years.

I think it depends a lot on the quality of the drafts they got access to. If it's '01 then they win flags, if it's '03 then they don't achieve much.

Will finish 5-8 next year.

Have a ■■■■■■■ scary list.

Fully expect Ross Lyon to end up there in a years time.

I honestly don't think GC or GWS will win flags in the next 10 years.

I could easily see GWS winning one, their talls are going to be very good
Gold coast, are still a one man team.take ablett out of that side and they are barely competitive

I honestly don't think GC or GWS will win flags in the next 10 years.

You could be right, but one of them will probably get a premiership. Too many underestimated how tough it is too start with forty, eighteen year players on your list - Trying to get them all to peak at the same time with only a limited amount of older players. 

I hate the gold coast.

hate.

Rename the team to "Ablett & Suns"

I predict they will share zero premierships by 2000

hEY LOOK AT THAT i"M RIGHT

But seriously. I've been saying this for years. Too many other clubs have been better at building sides for longer.

I predict they will share zero premierships by 2000

hEY LOOK AT THAT i"M RIGHT

Good call by you.

The Gary Ablett Experience.

In the end, the leg up GC and GWS received from the AFL in terms of draft concessions was about right. They will both be competitive, and should be playing finals in a couple of years, but neither are likely to be embarking on some sort of dynasty as many predicted.

Gazza & the Sunnymen

Gary Ablett band of gypsies.

Are you allowed to say gypsies these days?

OH ■■■■ YA MOVING LIKE A GYPSIE…

GC will never win a flag, it's not really in our nature up here to try that hard. Surfs Up!

Don't rate McKenna as a coach, doubt they will do much more than make the 8 on talent while he is there.