Grading the Year so far

B- ATM, make the 8…B, win a final B+, premiership A+…really impressed with the progression of all the youngsters, future is looking rosy

I’d give a C.

No Bltizcast
No Hardtag

But we got that Tippa song and the e-sports team won a final.

3 Likes

9-7 is a pass, but for me we’re only scraping a pass.

We weren’t prepared properly for the season, again
We are losing games to sides we shouldn’t (saints, swans), again
We are hopeless interstate, again
We are middle of the table maybe just scraping into the 8, again

D.

The absolutely pathetic start by our club to the season indicated a team that was underdone. Its shown through key injuries to our big men.

We wont wont win the flag this year and have less confidence now that we will have a great 2020 preseason.

I think Woosha can coach, but he would want to present a compelling case to those that matter at the club, that we will be appropriately prepared for next season.

I am very happy with Darcy Parish and Andy Mcgrath.

1 Like

C thus far.
Remove any teams 2017 and 2018 B&F winners & they’ll struggle.

Defence has been settled.

Midfield much better on the 2nd half of the year.

Imagine a fully fit forward line of Daniher, Tippa, McKernan, Fantasia, Smith & Stringer.

The coach has never had access to that line up fully fit.

We’ll win the flag next year if we have a consistent ruckman that gives us first use of the ball and we have luck with injuries.

Not Yet Competent

4 Likes

Isn’t this the sort of thread you do during the bye week?
As others have said, I would have given it an F after the eagles game, but the last 3 weeks have shown we have fight in us and some pride. Still only be about a D at the moment. Finish on 13 wins and it becomes a B-

1 Like

C - we are currently right in the mix for a finals spot.

• our injuries are a concern Daniher/SMith/Fantasia not 100% now Bellchamebrs and Hurley
  • We were on a D earlier in the season due to poor start and losses to saints/swans.
    wins later in the season has somewhat rectified that

My pass mark is make a final and win it. we are on track at the minute to make finals.

The younger guys are doing the job - Parish/Langford/Clarke/McGrath/McKenna

Our age profile looks good for the future.
Like to get some experience into Zerk-Thatcher this year though.

I dont even think we should go chase anyone at the end of the year at this stage unless they fit into the age profile of a stringer/saad.
Think there would be players wanting to come though. we need a good finals performance.
DO we need a foil for Daniher?

And if we win a final, we’ll get a certificate.

2 Likes

Clear C at this point in time.

I thought Millennials didn’t like ‘grading’ because it might hurt your feelings?

5 Likes

you’re thinking of the rules gen x brought in to protect their little spud Zs.

1 Like

I’m going with a C.

At the start of the year (after last years hype), I thought our pass mark will be to win a final. We’re on track for that - but we started our year disastrously. On the positive side, I thought our season was toast just 6 weeks ago but we’re showing spirit and winning against some good sides even with injuries to important players.

If we keep winning and earn a home final, I’d give us a B.

D+

But their are signs that grade could go up by the end of season

C+

Essendon needs to concentrate more in class as he is very easily distracted.
Whilst he began the 1st term clearly not ready for the year ahead, the recent signs are that the learnings are beginning to be embedded.

I would expect young Essendon to Pass comfortably by the end of the year !

1 Like

I find grading too difficult to do as there are so many pieces still moving.

The start of the year wasn’t good enough and we clearly weren’t ready to go. One year that can be excused, but to do it in back to back seasons is actually mind boggling. The positive side is we turned it around much quicker than we did last season and we’re actually playing better footy than we ever have under Worsfold.

We have transitioned a lot of older guys out of the side and started to bring more youth in. Probably even more importantly, the youth are the ones stepping up and winning us games of footy. We are much more defensively sound and resilient – coming back after being down against our last three wins, and being the third best second half team in the competition.

In terms of what we have delivered so far I’d say a C+, as we are two games above the ledger and a game clear in the 8.

In terms of how excited I am for the future and belief that we’re about to do some damage, it’s closer to a B+.

I think we will surprise a lot of the AFL community with what we do to Adelaide this week.

2 Likes

My C is starting to look generous

D from me,

The only player to have improved in 2019 has been Mason Redman.

1 Like

Was it a C for cooked?

I’d add Parish, Saad & Stringer to the list of improvers as well. But yeah, it’s a pretty short list.