Grading the Year so far

F : Seen it all before.

2 Likes

C2. Consistently crap.

Lucky to get a D-
It’s been a complete ■■■■ show right from preseason where there were more players walking laps in rehab groups than actually doing the work required to play top class football.
Fitness and conditioning has been deplorable
How we did not hit JLT1 running after last seasons ■■■■ show against Richmond at Wangaratta is just laughable.
Hurley, Hooker, TBell, Zaka, Heppell are all falling off the cliff but have years to run on contracts.
We had the chance to blood kids for the future but continued to overlook them. How Draper didn’t debut before injury is astonishing.
Can BZT play? Mynott? Who knows, we know Myers, Bags, McNiece can’t but we keep going to them.
We actually gave another season to Long, and he can’t get a game with the injuries we have? Why on earth did we do that?
There are so many things wrong with this season D- is being generous, but hey I’m comparing it against the past 15 years of garbage so it’s about right.

F now

2 weeks ago it was a B+ now it’s a B-. Miss finals which I think we will and it drops to a C.

Others want to have it each way. Sack the fitness department because we are unfit, sack the recruiters coz our lists ■■■■. Yet we still have a winning season. Either Woosha is a genius to have a winning season despite the resources at his disposal or we’ve had a mediocre year. A mediocre year isn’t an F. Unless your saying we’ve underachieved, in that case why are we sacking dodorro and half the list.

1 Like

Exactly

F. Seen it all before and heard all of the excuses before

Looking very F.

Last 3 weeks Z-

N/A

1 Like

I’m not sure right now is the most objective time to grade the season.

5 Likes
Summary

Become a Patreon to Unlock PREMIUM content.

1 Like

F-
F—

1 Like

We haven’t won the flag, it should be considered a failure.

Can’t believe some people are giving a B. That would be locked into finishing between 3 and 6, playing consistent footy and improving systems whereby we don’t get pumped by the sides when we have injuries.
A clear D for mine.

A would be top 3
B would be 4-6
C would be 6-8
D 8 to 12
E & F would be bottom few like melbourne.

I rate it D now because our close wins haven’t been convincing and we’ll be outside the 8 come seasons end. Plus the team defence is pathetic despite the intro of rutten, i’d almost go as far as to say it’s worse than last year.

D+

List of players who would have increased their output on previous years.

McKenna
Saad
Parish
Redman
Francis
D Clarke

I’d give it an E.
We’re unlikely to play finals (and if we do, we’ll be cannon-fodder) and, outside of the Brisbane game, have been mediocre to useless all year. For those reasons, and the fact that every single frustration of last year (preseason preparation, mentally soft, inconsistent, losses to cellar-dwellers, poor development of players, team selections, playing injured players, no plan B etc.) is still firmly in place, it just can’t possibly be regarded as a pass. No siree…

2 Likes

A+ if we win the flag.

Games missed by top-10 players at club so far this year:

Club Games Missed
Richmond 56
Gold Coast 52
St Kilda 50
GWS Giants 43
Adelaide 42
Sydney 42
Melbourne 38
Carlton 33
Fremantle 32
Hawthorn 30
Essendon 28
Collingwood 27
Port Adelaide 24
West Coast 23
Geelong 20
Brisbane 11
Western Bulldogs 11
North Melbourne 10

Source:

Except it counts last years top ten. So for us Daniher isn’t counted. Add his 16 games missed.

3 Likes

Was Raz top 10 last year?

1 Like