Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation

‘Would have’ got abbreviated to ‘would’ve’ which sounds like ‘would of’

1 Like

You could just say object pronouns apply to objects.

Wouldn’t think so. Additional has a different context.

Which doesn’t cover prepositions.

Where do subjects follow prepositions?

When people say 'between you and I. or ‘the best thing for he’.

I hope you realise there’s a difference between pronouns used when they replace the subject as in ‘he knows his stuff’ and when they replace the object as in ‘Joe hates him’.

I/me
you/you
she/her
he/him
we/us
they/them

1 Like

The ‘I’ should be ‘me’ and the ‘he’ should be ‘him’ because they are objects. I’m not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that there’s a more general rule that covers it.

I suppose a reflexive pronoun (object and subject simultaneously) can follow a preposition:
‘…poured water on himself’.

I don’t agree that the general rule covers it.

You learn all about it in French and Spanish…although Spanish doesn’t have the rule about prepositions.

And you get verbs like ‘levantar’, to lift, but ‘levantarse’, to lift yourself = to get up.
‘levanto’, I lift - ‘me levanto’ - I get up.

1 Like

Ok if my rule doesn’t cover it, what are the exceptions? (If reflexive pronouns are exceptions to my rule, so they are to yours.)

Someone once did a study by rating the essays by how far they went when thrown from the top of a flight of stairs. The ones that went the furthest were the ones that scored the highest marks. So I recommend this method.

2 Likes

Here I was thinking it meant ‘giant bum’.
smh

3 Likes

Where did they go?

Their over they’re flying there kite.

Bought (buy)
Brought (bring).

We brought a house! (Must have had a bloody big truck! )

2 Likes

That which we call
Two Metre Peter,
Would in any other language
Smell defeat.

We brang a house?

2 Likes

This surely gets a gig.

1 out of 3. Not as bad as some.:slightly_smiling_face:

I dont even understand the whole their there they’re they are thing yet so im farked

It’s actually 0/3 haha

1 Like

yep