“Grand” final live thread

Same ■■■■
Winner: dogs
Margin: 18 points
Norm smith: daniel

What the ■■■■ is the Gary Ayres medal?

Yep, I watched the game at a pub in Geelong where almost 100% of the crowd were Geelong supporters. Everybody except for one staunch Swans supporting young bloke were going nuts for Footascray. Great game and a very popular winner.

What I've taken from yesterday and today as well, other than how amazing the dogs have been for the past month, is how many dogs supporters there are that don't turn up to games.

Reckon a fair few weren’t Dog supporters but other supporters wearing their colors

Definitely, particularly in the MCC and afl members

What I've taken from yesterday and today as well, other than how amazing the dogs have been for the past month, is how many dogs supporters there are that don't turn up to games.

Reckon a fair few weren’t Dog supporters but other supporters wearing their colors

What I’ve taken from yesterday and today as well, other than how amazing the dogs have been for the past month, is how many dogs supporters there are that don’t turn up to games.

Was the loudest crowd I’ve experienced at a gf yesterday, fantastic atmosphere

Tippett is a absolute log. He will struggle to get a game next year
Disagree. He competed manfully in the middle and but was let down by Sydney's smalls when up forward. 2nd and 3rd efforts were very good. The Bulldogs defence played him well.

Tippett was terrible.

Disagree. Thought he was very good in the middle and drew a crowd up forward. When he couldn’t mark, he brought it to ground. It was McGlynn, Papley etc who didn’t do their jobs well enough. Blocked and made space time and again. Granted they could have used a goal or two from him but he did everything else they would have asked of him.

When he couldn’t mark it? You mean, all of the times he tried to?

Naismith played 10x the game Tippett did. He’s a senior player, on ludicrous money (I know, that’s irrelevant to this) who fired exactly zero shots in a grand final.

You’re being strangly generous to him. I’d say his was the most disappointing performance of the match.

Swans
Parker

At this moment (6.45 am) have decided I may watch the GF, haven’t watched a GF since 2012.

Bulldogs, would be nice, the few Bulldog supporters I know, all lovely people, deserve to know the feeling of winning a Premiership.

Deckham hoping your partner has a wonderful day and is capped off with a win.

Bottom line for me, have no vested interest so don’t really mind who wins, and who knows after lunch may even decide not to watch . :slight_smile:

(will definitely watch Melbourne Storm and Cronulla Sharks tomorrow, for as much as I like the Storm, want Cronulla to WIN)

Doggies by 14
Clay smith the norm

Dogs
11 points
Luke dalhause norm smith
Liam picken gary ayres medal

Swannies
23 points
Franklin the Norm Smith

Meh. Umpires will be crap.

Sydney by 60+
Luke Parker norm smith
Isaac Heeney first goal

Player of the final series Bontempelli.

Sydney by 18 but the game will be over by half-time.
Franklin with the Norm Smith.
McGlynn with the first goal.

Player of the series will be Hannebery.

Neon Leon medal: J stringer.

The Leon / Milne / Ballantyne medal would be Clay Smith. Think he and Dunkley will be virtually invisible.

Hertier ineffectual possession award?

Swans by 85
Franklin kicks 8
Numerous TV shots of Bulldogs fans in tears

Didn’t we just do this??