Grand Final replays scrapped

It’s official, no more replays in case of a drawn granny. 5 minutes each way then it goes to golden point if still tied.

Surprising move I reckon. Given the AFL’s love of a $$ I would have thought the extra money generated by a replay would persuade them to keep it.

Another tradition gone. Will be a night grand final announced before you know it…

Maybe because that’s what the NFL do? They’re so keen to be American.

Pendles is correct. Golden point is such a dumb idea. Golden goal would be 100x better.

It's official, no more replays in case of a drawn granny. 5 minutes each way then it goes to golden point if still tied.

Surprising move I reckon. Given the AFL’s love of a $$ I would have thought the extra money generated by a replay would persuade them to keep it.

Another tradition gone. Will be a night grand final announced before you know it…

Replay is unfair burden on traveling side(s): TICK!

Night GF: TICK!

Good Friday Game: TICK!

Pendles is correct. Golden point is such a dumb idea. Golden goal would be 100x better.

Only problem, although unlikely is if one team came out firing and kicked or got rushed seven points, only to have the other team go down once and kick a goal. So conceivably you could have a team win with less points on the board.

I don’t care about this at all.

Only problem, although unlikely is if one team came out firing and kicked or got rushed seven points, only to have the other team go down once and kick a goal. So conceivably you could have a team win with less points on the board.

bad kicking is bad football.

Or first to 20 points.

The other thing is the disadvantage if going against a massive gale force wind

I don't care about this at all.

I was going to say I was outraged…but then I realised I couldn’t care less.

should have a penalty shootout, kick from 50 out directly infront.

Wait for the worst centre bounce in history to determine the golden point winner…

Grand final replay is a tradition?

Golden point nup, … extra time for a result yup … no matter how long it takes.

… we could even end up with a day and night GF in one hit!

About time, sick of all these drawn grand finals.

All teams who scored the most number of times should be retrospectively declared the premiers.

(No, I haven’t checked what this means outside 1948.)

What’s that thing they do in the Big Bash if it’s a tie? A bowl off? AFL should have a ‘Goal Off’. Keep having shots until the dork who misses loses the game for his side and is condemned forever to being a quiz night answer. Like Murray Wrensted.

Have a shirtfront competition

What's that thing they do in the Big Bash if it's a tie? A bowl off? AFL should have a 'Goal Off'. Keep having shots until the dork who misses loses the game for his side and is condemned forever to being a quiz night answer. Like Murray Wrensted.

Until?
Hahahaha

Have a shirtfront competition
Seconded.

Would love to see Putin lay out Abbot.

It's official, no more replays in case of a drawn granny. 5 minutes each way then it goes to golden point if still tied.

Replay is unfair burden on traveling side(s): TICK!

Night GF: TICK!

Good Friday Game: TICK!

Replay grandfinal should he in the home teams home state. Ie if eagles finish top and draw with hawks replay would be in perth. Would actually allow the teams supporters easier access to grand finals and better for home teams sponsors if they are a interatate side plus home ground advantage.

If melb side finish top then they can choose out of melbourne venues or in hawks case play the replay grand final in tasmania
Could make it a night game.

If neither team is good enough to win in the allotted regular time they damn well should come back the next week.