Grand Final replays scrapped

Replay starts immediately.

Yes. Goodness me yes.

kids in my bothers u12s play for the u14s right after. Surely afl players can do it…

AFL players would be ineligible for the u14s.

Something something St Kilda School girl Something something.

Asking an interstate side to return 7 days later is a good reason not to have a replay. No, very good reason.

If full time profressional athletes, coaches, and other support staff can’t factor in a couple of flights in a 7 day period towards their preparation for one of, if not the, biggest match of their careers they might not be in the right job.

Replay starts immediately.

With two footys

Three.

Red footys only get a point. The Yellow one is for a goal.

Asking an interstate side to return 7 days later is a good reason not to have a replay. No, very good reason.

If full time profressional athletes, coaches, and other support staff can’t factor in a couple of flights in a 7 day period towards their preparation for one of, if not the, biggest match of their careers they might not be in the right job.

Nup. Disagree.

Nup. Disagree.

What if, say, it were WestCoke, and because they would have had to travel all the way to WestCoke and then back again the next week, what if, the team that they drew against, was similarly and summarily placed in an aircraft ‘simulation’, if you will, so that they served the same identical effects as WestCoke, rendering the playing field level? Eh? Fark I’m a genius.

I’ve got a better idea. 5 minutes each way if scores are tied at the end of the GF. If scores are still level and the end of the 2nd 5 minute installment, the controlling maggot blows his/her whistle to stop play, alerts both captains that that are now in the ‘golden point’ stage of the game and that the next score wins, give both sides 60 seconds to compose themselves, bounce it and let them go for it.

Just award the farking thing to hawthorn and save us all the bother

Nup. Disagree.

What if, say, it were WestCoke, and because they would have had to travel all the way to WestCoke and then back again the next week, what if, the team that they drew against, was similarly and summarily placed in an aircraft ‘simulation’, if you will, so that they served the same identical effects as WestCoke, rendering the playing field level? Eh? Fark I’m a genius.

Or west coast just stays in Melbourne?

I've got a better idea. 5 minutes each way if scores are tied at the end of the GF. If scores are still level and the end of the 2nd 5 minute installment, the controlling maggot blows his/her whistle to stop play, alerts both captains that that are now in the 'golden point' stage of the game and that the next score wins, give both sides 60 seconds to compose themselves, bounce it and let them go for it.

If you’re doing it 2x5. If still drawn 2x5. Etc…

At least pretend to take a howling wind or 1 terrible umpiring decision out of the equation.

But the broadcasters wouldn’t be happy if the match overran their scheduled programs.

What if right before golden point you assault every single one of their players.

I’m talkin, real nasty stuff, like ‘sweep the leg’ from karate kid.

No send off rule.

Start golden point and just stroll into an open goal while theybarencarting bodies up to the Epworth.

I reckon two 10 minutes halves and if they’re still drawn, another two 10 minute halves.

I’d prefer a game going to ‘triple overtime’ rather than a ‘golden point’.

The odds of any grand final getting to the Golden point situation, are greater than the odds of Liam Jones winning this year’s Coleman medal.

I reckon if it’s drawn it should be decided by who I want to win then just give it to them.

The odds of any grand final getting to the Golden point situation, are greater than the odds of Liam Jones winning this year's Coleman medal.

Football Comedy Lesson 1: Any Liam Jones post is funny.

I reckon two 10 minutes halves and if they're still drawn, another two 10 minute halves.

The Golden Point concept in Aussie Rules is a complete joke … imagine there’s a 40 knot sou wester screaming toward one end?

The team going that end has an almost insurmountable advantage.

Unless they plan to put a roof on the MCG, this makes no sense at all … like most things AFL.

The odds of any grand final getting to the Golden point situation, are greater than the odds of Liam Jones winning this year's Coleman medal.

Lets test that theory.

Liam Jones.

Lets test that theory.

Liam Jones.

I’m laughing.

Lets test that theory.

Liam Jones.

Gold.

Can I just remind everyone of the rule the AFL introduced after the “lights out” game: if a game is stopped after half time, the leading team wins.

Once we get to the grand final, we just have to stick our nose in front. Then thousands of us invade the ground and chant WE ARE ESSENDON (and more vulgar chants) till the game is stopped. They can’t get that many people off the ground.

I reckon two 10 minutes halves and if they're still drawn, another two 10 minute halves.

The Golden Point concept in Aussie Rules is a complete joke … imagine there’s a 40 knot sou wester screaming toward one end?

The team going that end has an almost insurmountable advantage.

Unless they plan to put a roof on the MCG, this makes no sense at all … like most things AFL.

Or, everyone jumps on a bus and they head over to Etihad with a closed roof and play for the golden point there.