Greatest Essendon Marks

I got bored and decided to take a look at some old EFC highlights tonight. Stumbled onto this video:

I think we can all agree that Moorcroft’s legendary grab is probably the best ever, but what are a few of your other favourite EFC marks?

Personally I think Geoff Blethyn soaring over the pack and Harvs diving back with the flight of the ball against NM are absolutely brilliant. Wanganeen vs WC is a ripper, too.

14 Likes

Just saw this pop up on my Facebook feed

15 Likes

If you talking weight of numbers vanders wins easily

3 Likes

That is truly terrible… and I love it.

1 Like

Why aren’t they wearing shorts.

14 Likes

Dead set Lloyd had the best hands the game has seen.

6 Likes

Kickett smashing the back of Tony Shaw’s head with his knee always makes me smile😁

5 Likes

Johnson, Thompson, McVeigh, Alvey…

There’s just too many to choose from

HO HO

1 Like

Dunstall

Unfortunately that day was a forgettable one aside from that. Early career Lloyd really got up there didn’t he? Up until around 2003 when he got really big, but before that he took some classic high marks. Simon Madden could really fly for a big ruckman…

2 Likes

Hardingham could have been anything overhead.

Pity he couldn’t football very well !

Hopefully it includes Caracella’s death defying match winning mark against the Cats in 97. Chest mark and he never left the ground but possibly the best I’ve ever seen. Context does it every time.

4 Likes

I think S Madden took the best high mark I’ve seen live

3 Likes

Hardwick took a massive hanger against Fitzroy in 94 or 95 at princess park, but the game wasn’t televised. There was a photo of it, but can’t find it online.

1979, Windy Hill, bowling club flank?

We are obviously talking about the mark against Fitzroy.
Looks like he went up twice.

1 Like

That’s the one.
Raines won mark of the year, and when he was accepting the award was gracious enough to say the SMadden’s mark was better.

1 Like

Was that Fitzroy game the one where TD kicked a goal 20 out directly over his head ?

Possibly. Was Windy Hill, but I was only 10-11 years old back then

1 Like

if only there was plenty of Coleman footage, then this convo wouldn’t need a big asterisk

4 Likes