Greeks go Ape

I made the mistake once of calling a Macedonian family here in our Town, Greek. If you think Greeks get emotional and excited; you have seen nothing until you upset a Macedonian.

Just ask the Persian empire what happens when you ■■■■ off the Macedonians.

Too soon?

9 Likes

Were Spartans Macdonians ?

Alexander the Great conquered the Persians in his mid-20s. Definition of an overachiever.

Sparta was a Greek Tribe a tad south of Macedonia.

Ha, not brave enough to title it ‘Macedonians go ape’.

4 Likes

i don;t get any of this.

Farken Greeks. The Norf Melbourne of nations. Constantly living off handouts and about as significant as Norf. No coincidence their national colours are the same either

7 Likes

Not really. Greeks were protesting. Macos are quite content to call themselves Macedonians and currently, aren’t going ape.

It would be like a smaller, neighbouring suburb of Essendon calling itself Essendon. Much to the annoyance of Essendon.

1 Like

Niddrie?

Except the Greek province of Macedonia existed long before this new country did, so nah.

(I have zero opinion/knowledge on which area is “more Macedonian” and whether any significant numbers in either area actually want to redraw borders to bring back the ancient kingdom, or whether they’re just waving their Reynolds around.)

1 Like

Now I get it, Alexander was a Greek Macedonian, not a Balkans Macedonian.

1 Like

Does Peter Daicos need to change his name to The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonian Marvel?

9 Likes

I’m sure big Andy D fits into this discussion somewhere.

Andy D doesn’t even fit into his own pants.

11 Likes

some Essendon players had the same problem in 2012

Many Blitzers have the same problem during this pre-season.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

lol

1 Like

Need barnz or emma to weigh in here

2 Likes