Gumtree D*ckheads

1 Like

My job would not be as busy if trampolines and monkey bars were never invented.

1 Like

I had two garden lights on Gumtree, RRP on them was $149 each. I had them for $50 for the pair, guy says he’ll take them. Had every bit of detail, dimensions, size, weight, material on the ad.

Shows up, says “Oh I didn’t know they were that tall, would you take $20?”

“Ummmm, no? I had the size on the ad?”

“Would you go $30?”

So he still wanted them, but wanted to negotiate after already agreeing on a price. Idiot. So I kept them out of spite.

14 Likes

Travelling trampoline/monkey bar salesman?

14 Likes

Dumb / awesome jokes like this keep me coming back to Blitz.

6 Likes

He led with his chin on that one.

1 Like

The only things I chuck on Gumtree are things I need to get rid of for free,

Cousin sold her brand new $2000 fridge on gumtree for $1100. Got a lot of interest, bloke says i’ll take it and right now, comes over and hands me $900.
“No sir, it’s $1100.”
“OK sure, here’s the rest” hands me three $50s,
“You’re still short $50”
“But that’s all I have.”
“Then no sale”
“OK OK I’ll have to see if one of my mates has another $50”

He miraculously finds another $50 and the fridge is sold. Just a colossal waste of everyone’s time. So yeah I just sell everything for $0 which is closer to what the gumtree dregs plan on paying.

4 Likes

Similar thing happened to me with a car i sold to a cousin. He turns up ,loads the car on a tralier and then i ask him to hand over the cash . What do you know ? He doesn`t have it right now. A couple of weeks later i get paid ,but a bit short on the agreed price. 16 years later and he still owes me. I think i should write the debt off.

5 Likes

Yeah Gumtree is for getting rid of stuff you’d get $5 in a garage sale for but I’d rather sell for $0-2 to save me a drive to the tip.

4 Likes

Good call.
Caging your own grandkids is one thing, but you just can’t do it to the neighbour’s brats.

2 Likes

We’ve had a bit of both. Which goes for gumtree, eBay, and facebook marketplace or the local sunurban buy/swap/sell groups. generally I think you get an inkling when someone’s going to be a bit of a ■■■■.

With that said, I think it’s bad how many washing machines, TVs and couches end up going to hard rubbish or landfill if they’ve got any life left at all. It’s no good. The more use that someone gets out of them the better.

1 Like

I cancelled my ebay account a few years ago ,due to morons not bidding on my items ,but then emailing me after an auction was finished and asking to buy my stuff for ridiculous prices. I closed my gumtree account because of all the scammers. I am back on both ,now ,but only buy every now and then. I won`t ever sell on either again.

I only ever go to eBay now to buy knock off cheap stuff. Does anyone sell second hand gear on it anymore?

(I’m aware gumtree is owned by eBay)

Also Facebook marketplace is taking over. Some of my cheap rot wasn’t moving on gumtree. Same stuff on FB had heaps of ordinary people coming out of the woodwork.

1 Like

I had a tree I had to get rid of once that I really couldn’t be bothered digging up. Put it on eBay for a buck on the condition that you’ve gotta be the one that digs it up. Sure enough, a dude and his mate accept and they spend all day digging up this tree in 35deg heat while I drank beers on my deck.

15 Likes

Our suburban area buy/swap/sell facebook group is cocobananas. Had super success finding tradies through there too.

1 Like

Sounds like a cheap way to get your creepy rocks off, creep.

5 Likes

Gumtree has been good to me. In the past 12 months I have bought 2 iPhones, an underwater camera & a dog kennel, all used but in excellent condition for a bargain price with no haggling. Win / win for me & the seller. Also bought several high-end Nikon lenses in previous years at about a third of the new price. Sold a few lenses too.

3 Likes

Telling a stranger when you are not going to be home and then giving them your address isn’t a good idea.

2 Likes

Living on a Main Street is also wonderful for turfing stuff for free. Had an old chipboard and laminate dining table with five chairs, one broken. Put it on the nature strip and gone in under an hour.

3 Likes

Absolutely.
Particularly vans or sheds full of tools.