Gunners to re-unite

Do we still care ?

I loved their music up until the infamous 1993 gig at Calder Park in the searing heat when they turned up 2 1/2 hours late ( having done a show in Sydney the night before ) , they played fairly ordinary music and band members constantly disappeared under the stage one by one while the rest of the band played on. 75,000 of s showed up.It was packed.
That is ontop of everyone being told to throw their food and drink into a pile before they entered the venue.

Rose Tattoo were the curtain raisers and blew me away that day. They showed how it was done.

I still prefer their studio stuff .but not live. Apparently the last time they played together was in july 1993 and i reckon the calder park gig was in january or february of that year.

My 2 cents.

Care? Not l. Axel has been threatening to release a solo album for decades, and l for one can’t wait not to hear those limited vocals where he manages to drag out numbers to twice their length, with a series of false endings. If they are getting back together, it is probably because he is broke and wants to cash in on their fading currency.

If they get back together and do some new stuff then I’ll have a listen, then ignore it completely just like I did with Chinese Democracy.

I care. Not about their new stuff. But would go and see them live.

Care? Not l. Axel has been threatening to release a solo album for decades, and l for one can't wait not to hear those limited vocals where he manages to drag out numbers to twice their length, with a series of false endings. If they are getting back together, it is probably because he is broke and wants to cash in on their fading currency.

Yeah, but you just need to be like Axl and spell it wrong.

Some great songs in the past and they were a real rock band that did all the bad stuff and then imploded a couple of times.

Axl is a madman. Certifiably crazy, but when he had Slash, the music was fantastic. Could wear bike shorts like few others.

What 2016 doesn’t need is 1992’s lycra shorts.

What 2016 doesn't need is 1992's lycra shorts.

Don’t we have more of it now with all the MAMILs riding around?

What 2016 doesn't need is 1992's lycra shorts.

Don’t we have more of it now with all the MAMILs riding around?

More doesn't make right.
Do we still care ?

I loved their music up until the infamous 1993 gig at Calder Park in the searing heat when they turned up 2 1/2 hours late ( having done a show in Sydney the night before ) , they played fairly ordinary music and band members constantly disappeared under the stage one by one while the rest of the band played on. 75,000 of s showed up.It was packed.
That is ontop of everyone being told to throw their food and drink into a pile before they entered the venue.

Rose Tattoo were the curtain raisers and blew me away that day. They showed how it was done.

I still prefer their studio stuff .but not live. Apparently the last time they played together was in july 1993 and i reckon the calder park gig was in january or february of that year.

My 2 cents.
I was there that day.

Came over from Perth for that gig and the experience of it remains vividly in my mind to this day.

As you said earlier of the 38 degree day, the dust storm that whipped up late in the afternoon, then the downpour of rain in the evening only to end end with a whole heap of young drunken bogans suffering from hypothermia and covered in those foil thermo blankets waiting to be carted to hospital or home from late that night to about 3am the next morning due to an overwhelming lack of public transport back into the city.

I remember too the confiscation of food and drink being brought into the venue and having to pay exhorbitant prices inside for them. Also watching people having to line up and refill their water bottles at the only accessible tap in the entire venue at the back of the drag strip.

The audience was a bit of a highlight, especially the cardboard toboggan races down the grass banks and mudball fights between the crowd on the banks and the people on ground level in front of the stage after the rain had cleared.

Of the performers that day, as good as the Rosie Tatts were, nobody but nobody came anywhere near Sebastian Bach and Skid Row that night. They ended up being a very tough act for G’n’R to follow, as was proved by their fairly uninspired and listless performance that night.

Had the absolute pleasure to go and see Seb Bach at the Forum doing a solo tour a few months ago, and even after 22 years having passed, he was just as great that night as he was two decades prior. He’d have to go down as the one of the very best live performers that I’ve ever seen.

I actually dread this latest announcement of the Gunners getting back together as I feel, given their chequered history together, that this reunion will all end in tears and further tarnish their legacy.

If Axl gets his ■■■■ together, gets tour fit and rehearses his ■■■■ off, I’d be interested. If they get together for the first time on stage at the first gig, it will be a trainwreck, and not because of the other four.

Come on @Diggers you know you miss them

At least he didn’t wax.

Its really going to be Axl, Slash and Duff…No Adler, No Izzy…get em all together or go away

This would be epic…Adler was so messed up but gee he was a drummer

Its really going to be Axl, Slash and Duff...No Adler, No Izzy...get em all together or go away

I’m pretty sure Adler and Izzy will be there too.

Nah all the talk is that Adler and Izzy will not take part, Izzy has anyways been a recluse and is more so these days, doubt he would do it. Pretty sure Adler can barely drum these days due to medical conditions probably caused by substance abuse.

No doubt the original gunners were one of the greatest acts of all time, the fact that basically every member has had success afterwards is testament to that. Too many people talk too much ■■■■ about Axl, but he makes himself an easy target so whatever…

I actually seen the “new” lineup when they toured Australia and loved the show, great music will always be great, regardless of who is paying it.

I also think that Chinese Democracy was a totally underrated album due to all the baggage that came with getting it released.

I would personally love a reunion especially if it involved a new album with all the individual talent combining to make some more rock gold.

Considering the total lack of decent rock music these days I can’t see how it could be a bad thing, really hoping Izzy gets on board too as I think he was the secret herb that made the group so special.

if its near the original line up and theyre in form ■■■■ yeah.
■■■■. yeah.

About as relevant as Ratcat announcing they’re touring a bunch of shopping malls starting in Horsham and finishing up in Mildura.

I like Mr. Brownstone though.

Appetite was one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I still love it.
The rest were rubbish. Axels vocals are terrible since then. They way he extends the end of every vocal line,myeyine,eyine,eyine,eyine,eyine,eyieyieyineeee…my god that grates on my nerves.
Pass.