GWS Players - Who do we want?

Treloar would be awesome but I think there’s a very small chance he leave’s. Has fully embraced that club from day 1 and would be at the very top of their priority list. Shiel is similar but has has the rumours of home sickness for a number of years without much substance to it.
Both are well worth the big bucks if possible though!

More likely to nab a Hoskin Elliott/ Hampton type or even Patton at this point.

I would have thought that for us, Ryder out/Cooney in would have been pretty much a break even deal from a salary cap point of view

Can’t imagine Cooney was on much more than 400k? Remembering we have Winderlich, Chapman and Fletcher to retire this year.

Carlisle’s contract will be the big factor here. If he hits form, he’ll be wanting 550ish? Alternately the Giants would probably want him and our 1st rounder.

I’m sure the club would move mountains to get a shot at Treloar. Would happily pay him 750k.

We should do everything to find the 750 if that’s what’s required to get Treloar or Shiel. Need one more gun of that age in our midfield.
I’d imagine there’ll be a couple others to go along with our elder statesmen to find that cash if required. If Dangerfield cost 1 mill plus I’d imagine both those boys could command 1 mill in a couple of years time anyway. End up being a reasonable deal.

Is probably worth it, tbh. The kid is an extraordinary talent and is only just starting to show how good he can be after a few injury-hit years.

$750k isn’t QUITE what it used to be, in AFL salary terms. The salary cap is somewhere around the $10m range these days, plus at any given time every club probably has something like 30-40% of their list on very low draftee or rookie salaries, and most have a few veterans which let them squeeze an extra $100k-odd each of player payments into the cap.

Many clubs will find that sort of money if he’s on the market. Pies will have salary cap space after losing Beams. Blues will probably have a cleanout this year, and will certainly have room too (who could they POSSIBLY be paying big salaries to anyway?) Saints have cleared a few big names over the past couple of years, they probably have a war chest. I would have thought that for us, Ryder out/Cooney in would have been pretty much a break even deal from a salary cap point of view, but fog assures me we’ve got a lot of cap space, so I’d be very disappointed if we’re not in his ear.

This.
We need another gun young mid to join the likes of Hepp and Zerrett (potentially Laverde too). Sick and tired of seeing Pies/Hawks/Cats luring those type of players easily back to their home-state whilst we only attract 30 year olds.

Throw whatever we have at Treloar/Shiel/Aish and let’s get the next tier of mids up and running post Jobe/Stants/BJ/Coons etc.

Yeah it's being picky but I agree it's a bit of shame that our only bankable young midfield stars are Heppell and Zerrett when a few years ago there was big hype and hope that we might have a few more in Zaka (who hasn't really been the elite midfielder he looked late in his B&F year), Myers, Melksham, Colyer and Kavanagh. While there's no doubt they're all still integral players in the side (bar Kavanagh), they just aren't those out and out stars that could make us a consistent top 4 side.

Getting a young gun such as Treloar would be massive for this club. Would easily pay upward of $750k a season for him but we would obviously have to trade a quality player for him along with our first round pick.

Blues will probably have a cleanout this year, and will certainly have room too (who could they POSSIBLY be paying big salaries to anyway?)

Probably a couple of guys they would have zero problem delisting

When Judd retires it frees up $750 in Salary Cap money, another $150 in paper bag money, $135 in dodgy contracts the AFL know about and choose to ignore, and another $85 in contracts the AFL don’t know about, and are none of your damn business because a bloke’s allowed to make a living.
So they could have a look at a few. But would you want to go there?
Blues will probably have a cleanout this year, and will certainly have room too (who could they POSSIBLY be paying big salaries to anyway?)

Probably a couple of guys they would have zero problem delisting

Matthew Buntine please. Hasn't gotten consistent games, been on the list for 3 years, was a highly rated junior and would be a great back flanker that we wouldn't need to scout Frankston for.
My son played a practice match against Berwick one day and he was playing for them. He was like he was in his own league. I asked one of their coaches about him and they said they knew he'd play AFL from the time he was 10. They were getting ready to lose him to the Stingrays. He just knew where the footy was going, and got there before anyone else.
Get Jonno Patton for cheap and allow Carlisle to replace Fletch down back

There is no universe in which we could get Patton for “cheap”, would be nice though.

Must have diminished value with all the injuries.

Not with Boyd gone and Patton still having the label of a “number 1 draft pick”.

Plus he hasn’t exactly been awful when he has played. He was starting to show a fair bit before he got injured again.

There is no universe in which we could get Patton for “cheap”, would be nice though.

Must have diminished value with all the injuries.

Shiel and Treloar still haven’t signed. Both Fark Carlton supporters
Fark Carlton supporters getting hopes up like theu did Cameron

■■■■■■■ this.

Patton/Daniher/Ambrose down one end.

Carlisle/Hooker/Hurley down the other.

Damn.

Poor beneath his knees, though his courage is unquestioned.

Matthew Buntine please.
Hasn’t gotten consistent games, been on the list for 3 years, was a highly rated junior and would be a great back flanker that we wouldn’t need to scout Frankston for.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Dylan shiel yes please.

Fark yes! Has he re-signed with them? There has been talk that he might be coming home for the last 18 months. He has taken his game to the next level this season.

Which is why we won’t be able to get him anymore. I said on the first page of this thread that Shiel would be the best target as all the other talented youngsters would cost a fortune in trading terms, well I’ll add Shiel to that list.

People can dream all they like but he would cost much more than our first round pick and I dont see us doing that.

Tomlinson re-signed recently with GWS.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Dylan shiel yes please.

Fark yes! Has he re-signed with them? There has been talk that he might be coming home for the last 18 months. He has taken his game to the next level this season.

may of been posted already but isn’t Richmond heavily in to him ? He is seeing Choko Williams daughter last I heard.

Quoted Post

Dylan shiel yes please.

Wouldn’t mind Tomlinson either.

Their list is about a zillion times deeper than GC’s.