Hall of Shame

I snorted lines with Rick Brewster on top of a speaker stack at the Armadale Hotel in the early eighties.

No way get ■■■■■■ ■■■■ off?

Lol.

In those days a typical pub stack (per side) for a band like The Angels was 2 x W bins, 2 x horn enclosures, and a little box containing ring tweeters on top. You just pushed the top W bin forward 6 - 8 inches, stood on the exposed piece of the bottom bin, pushed the tweeter box to one side, and chopped up on the top of the top horn box. B)

*allegedly

Served as a nice little bench to skin up also :slight_smile:

allegedly

Indeed.

I snorted lines with Rick Brewster on top of a speaker stack at the Armadale Hotel in the early eighties.

No way get ■■■■■■ ■■■■ off?

Lol.

In those days a typical pub stack (per side) for a band like The Angels was 2 x W bins, 2 x horn enclosures, and a little box containing ring tweeters on top. You just pushed the top W bin forward 6 - 8 inches, stood on the exposed piece of the bottom bin, pushed the tweeter box to one side, and chopped up on the top of the top horn box. B)

*allegedly

Must have been a ■■■■■ when someone cranked something though the p.a to be a smartarse while you were engaged :slight_smile:

I have absolutely no idea what you guys are on about…

My amp has a wrinkly skin.
Would’ve stuffed yez.

I’ve enjoyed where this thread ended up. Lifes many turns and all that.

Not a fan of Australia Day

Life must have been difficult in that period between pubs having speaker bins and everyone carrying smart phones.

Because it’s on the worst possible day, for the original owners?

(Against my better judgement…screw it. I have no judgement).

It’s the same day.
The colonisation/invasion is the same thing.

Yeaaahh, not quite getting your point there mate??

I think we all did this last year, but I believe it should be changed.

We want an Oz day, of course we do … just don’t want it to be one we cant ALL enjoy.

I think anyone who has the ability to mentally shoe the other foot would understand why we should.

I’d be ‘happy’ to recognise the day because of its significance (good and bad) and more than happy to make a long weekend of it.

But the ‘happy Australia Day set’ and the i just bought a flag for $2 at the Reject shop and It still has creases and I’m wearing it as a cape crowd are annoying.

However I’d gladly take it over the US style flags and anthems 365 model.

We do it every year.
And I’m still not in favour of denying history.
January 26 doesn’t mark any massacres, or unjust laws being passed, or anything like that.
And the argument is that it marks the Beginning of all those things, and of course it Does.
That’s the point.
It marks the beginning of everything to do with European civilization in this country, including the bad parts.

It should 100% be changed.

The problem is that it can’t just be changed to any old day. It needs to be a day in summer (so the BBQ / beer / beach /festival traditions can continue). And it needs to not be too close to any other public holidays.

13 Feb (Apology) is a good date, but I think the right would have too much of a problem with that for it to get up). There are no other good commemoration days around summer.

The date I like the best doesn’t actually commemorate anything. Its December 1. First day of summer, start of the holiday season. It would be a great day to do it.

I suggested last time, the date of the Eureka stockade, which, to me, was the beginning of what you might call the rise of what would become the “real” Aussie spirit.

3rd December.

Sun, people gearing up for Holidays, so in the festive spirit, just after Spring Carnival. No National Public Holidays since June… a Long w/end for Xmas shopping, head to the Beach House to prep it for Xmas Hols … etc.

The “beginning” of Summer’ … All Good for mine.

A mate tonight said some Pollie has said Federation day in March would work

Also, more than acceptable I reckon.

We should not be celebrating on a day that bears the significance to some of us, of the beginning of so much Misery, and virtual attempted genocide of their people, IMO.

And you don’t see that as a cop-out.
A fake day to celebrate Australian achievement and none of the bad things, that’s for sure…

I understand what you’re saying about celebrating on a day some consider to be Invasion Day, and while I don’t agree with it I certainly have some…sympathy is probably the wrong word.
I guess what I’m saying is that if its moved to December 3 then there’ll be no more talk of genocide or massacres or any number of appalling things.
And that will be a good thing?

Ahhh, now I get your drift. It’s a point to mull over.

Thought it over, … I think we can get enough recognition of the “Black History” part, in many other ways now.

There’s getting to be too much enmity over it now, (26th), to make it as enjoyable & celebratory as it could/should be.

They could mark the 26th Jan as Reconciliation day perhaps.

Then don’t get me started on the Friday before Grand Final holiday.

I think Good Friday should be renamed to something more suitable.
Killing Jesus Day, perhaps.

Boot has soooo many stories, we need him to write a book, please encourage him :slight_smile:

Boot has soooo many stories, we need him to write a book, please encourage him :)

I wanna hear the one again where he foolishly (but bravely) stood up to Stan the Man Longinidis.
Not sure that ended well :#