Hamish Hartlett

You would take Hartlett in a heart beat.

You would take Hartlett in a heart beat.

I’d take a harlot in a heartbeat.

Gold Coast is being re-assured in its due-diligence checks that the off-field headlines - including the mythical fall-out with Port Adelaide captain Travis Boak in a supposed spat over girlfriends - have no relevance in the Power’s decision to measure Hartlett’s worth on the market.

Very, very interesting and careful wording here. Lol.

Didn’t we originally ask for Hartlett as part of the Ryder trade.

"Gold Coast is being re-assured in its due-diligence checks that the off-field headlines - including the mythical fall-out with Port Adelaide captain Travis Boak in a supposed spat over girlfriends - have no relevance in the Power’s decision to measure Hartlett’s worth on the market."

Yep. No denial the incidents took place at all. Just that they didn’t effect the decision to put him up for trade.
If we get Hartlett for 26 and 36, it's a steal.

But his salary isn’t. It’s worth a bit isn’t it?

He had a pretty ordinary 2016. No idea if the offield stuff had kicked in before the injuries but he probably only played 2-3 quality games, a few ok & a few games that lesser players would have been dropped for. They seem to have a lot of players who’s best looks great but for some reason or another aren’t anywhere near the team that nearly kicked Hawthorn out of the 2014 Grand Final. I can’t really see anyone bar GC/GWS being in a position to trade for him. He would cost too much cap space & Port would expect at least a top 8 pick &/or talented kid. If he was a free agent absolutely his best is worth chasing but I just don’t see how we could get him.

Having said that, get in his ear, have him say he needs to move away from Port for family reasons & will only go to Essendon. We offer them pick 19 & say payback for Ryder biatches!

enjoy your twilight years Ryder.

"Gold Coast is being re-assured in its due-diligence checks that the off-field headlines - including the mythical fall-out with Port Adelaide captain Travis Boak in a supposed spat over girlfriends - have no relevance in the Power’s decision to measure Hartlett’s worth on the market."

Yep. No denial the incidents took place at all. Just that they didn’t effect the decision to put him up for trade.

How would you define the word mythical?

I took that comment as Boak and Hamish had a threesome with a unicorn.
The guys probably crossed swords.

maybe the Hawks will change tact from Mitchell and OMeara to Mitchell and Hartlett.

maybe the Hawks will change tact from Mitchell and OMeara to Mitchell and Hartlett.

They’ll probably get all of them

Hammer

Michelangelo paints an interesting picture

Heavily into roofies I heard.

I’ve been laughing about this for several hours

Tack… it’s TACK…

He is a decent player.

Nowhere near as terrible as everyone on here makes out.

He is a hell of a lot better than Hayden Farking Ballantyne.

Article basically confirms the girlfriend swap…just says the subsequent falling-out is the mythical bit.

Can we threaten to get his contact ripped up by the AFL grievance committee and walk him to the draft? I hear he’s concerned of the effect of chicken salt on his yet to be conceived children.

I may be alone, but I see a happy Hartlett getting back to his best, and his best is pretty damn good. If he wants to come to us, and we can get him without breaking the bank or spending too many picks, I wouldn’t mind him.

No way, he's overrated and always injured

What gave you the idea he is always injured?

Already contracted until the end of the 2016 season, the Power midfielder’s new five-year contract extension gives him the longest tenure of any player on Port Adelaide’s list.
"It’s great to have that security - I never really wanted to go anywhere else.

Wednesday, 3 June 2015
On the eve of his 100th game, Hamish Hartlett has reveals he questioned whether he was physically up to playing football at the elite level due to successive injuries.
“Three shoulder reconstructions. I would have had probably seven or eight different hamstring strains or tears, I tore my quad three times in a row in my second year, glandular fever … they are the ones off the top of my head but then there’s little things that keep you out for a week or two and a few silly suspensions and they all add up,” Hartlett said.
"After my second year, I only played four games and had a lot of soft tissue injuries.

Contract Status: UFA at the end of 2021.