Hamish Hartlett

Hartlett can be summed up by the following Port supporter…

"The problem we have is I don’t think Essendon view Hartlett as a must get player. It will certainly be interesting how Port try and sell it. “We have a 26 year old who just finished 17th in our best & fairest. May we please have pick 1?”

No thanks…

Hartlett can be summed up by the following Port supporter....

"The problem we have is I don’t think Essendon view Hartlett as a must get player. It will certainly be interesting how Port try and sell it. “We have a 26 year old who just finished 17th in our best & fairest. May we please have pick 1?”

No thanks…

That is well known, but how much weight does it hold considering a) rumblings of BTS conflict, and b) (seemingly) a lack of interest in playing for the club?

I certainly wouldn't dismiss the idea, the guy has some serious skills.

Makes Myers’s leg canon look like a pop gun.

Was injury prone in his first few years but has got a better run in the last 2 years. Was a dominant player in the 2008 Under 18’s and selected as pick 4 - He is a midfielder and a very good midfielder if he has confidence in his body - His older brother was on Carlton’s list but had a short career mainly because of soft tissue injuries.

only want him if we can screw port over somehow. Otherwise nah.

Buy low. Sell high.

Yep would love at the right price, even though it’s unlikely. Adds immediate class inside and outside, which I think we’d benefit from hugely. Not expecting this to get done though

Regardless, it seems as if we are exploring all avenues to improve our playing list. Good to see us being pro-active. For the right price he would be a good get. 17th in Port’s B&F is an indictment on his talent. It depends on how desperate Port are to off-load him given their reported salary cap issues, and whether he is keen to move to EFC and only EFC. Would put us in the box seat bargaining position wise. Given we can deal future picks, I’d be open to parting with our 2017 1st rounder. That would likely fall somewhere between 8-12 in the draft order you would think, hopefully later than that if all things go well for us. It would be worth the punt IMO. Can play.

Was injury prone in his first few years but has got a better run in the last 2 years. Was a dominant player in the 2008 Under 18's and selected as pick 4 - He is a midfielder and a very good midfielder if he has confidence in his body - His older brother was on Carlton's list but had a short career mainly because of soft tissue injuries.

What relevance does his under 18 form or draft pick have to anything at all? Nothing.

Is it true that he has never finished in the top 10 of Ports B & F ?

Is it true that he has never finished in the top 10 of Ports B & F ?

Consistently 7th or worse from memory

Really skilled but inconsistent as they come.

If he’s cheap I’d do it though as he’d slot into the QB role across the HB line brilliantly.

Michelangelo paints an interesting picture

Heavily into roofies I heard.

definitely has a ceiling to his writing abilities

He painted the Sistine Chapel.

Wait, am I doing this right?

More likely writes his stuff while in the cistern chapel…

If we miss out on O’Meara I hope we offer a big lucrative contract to Hartlett, so he’s super pumped to join Essendon.

On the first morning of trade week, Adrian Doddoro walks into meeting with Port Adelaide and says 3rd round pick.
port Adelaide say ‘f*ck off’

Then we refuse to meet with them until an hour before trade week closes.

Doddoro walks into the room and says, “pick 25 or your stuck with the prlck”.

If we use the pick for Hibberd then you would think that would be a fair straight swap.

Hibberd (pick) for HH makes sense in age and value.

If we miss out on O'Meara I hope we offer a big lucrative contract to Hartlett, so he's super pumped to join Essendon.

On the first morning of trade week, Adrian Doddoro walks into meeting with Port Adelaide and says 3rd round pick.

He's still got 4 years of a "lucrative contract" to run. There's no way anyone is going to better that. In fact, fair chance Port will be paying a portion even if he moves.
If we miss out on O'Meara I hope we offer a big lucrative contract to Hartlett, so he's super pumped to join Essendon.

He's already on a big lucrative contract, with 4 years of the original 5 left at what some have said maybe $750K a season. And unless Port paid some of it (unlikely) we'd have to take it on.
Was injury prone in his first few years but has got a better run in the last 2 years. Was a dominant player in the 2008 Under 18's and selected as pick 4 - He is a midfielder and a very good midfielder if he has confidence in his body - His older brother was on Carlton's list but had a short career mainly because of soft tissue injuries.

What relevance does his under 18 form or draft pick have to anything at all? Nothing.

My post is giving Context to Hartlett’s situation.

Better I post that I know nothing about Hartlett but he would be a good fit.

Real Class player but inconsistent and fragile. Just turned 26 and should have have good football ahead.

If he could be worked into a three way for hibberd, I’d take him for sure.

Tony Sheahan making out as though EFC are after HH as payback for the Ryder exchange? Me, no idea.