Hangover cures

Aspirin and caffeine were two of the three ingredients of Bex, which has been off the counter for yonks (except in Queensland). I think phenacetin was the other ingredient, and Bex did awful things to your liver…or kidneys…I don’t remember which.

1 Like

In theory you should be able to speed up the process with sports drinks.

I always found prevention was the best cure.
It was a half hour walk from where the old Night Rider bus dropped me off to home.
Pick up a couple of sports drinks from the servo next to the bust stop and make sure I’d drink them before I got home, then some water when I actually got home and I’d wake up feeling fine irrespective of how much I’d drunk.

1 Like

If not, … you could just find out the percentages and match the dosage of each using regular Para and No Doz.

1 Like

Aspirin for the dilation effect. Then load up on water. Room temp water if you can stomach it cause the colder the water is the more it’ll slow everything down.

What are the measurements for that?

Ahh, problem is no one know exactly what a hangover is. https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/science-of-hangovers.html

One hydralyte tablet, one glass of clean and cold filtered water, couple shots of booze

1 Like

2 panadol, 4 coffees and a piece of toast if you can stomach it.

In an absolute emergency more alcohol will do the trick.

The end of that article says to only have 2 beers or don’t drink altogether

I’m not trusting anyone who thinks that

2 Likes

Ahh the old genki drinks - one of the things I miss most about living in Japan (amongst a long list).

Nothing signified a big night ahead than strolling down to the nearest conbini to neck one of two of these bad boys on the spot. I’m sure they were probably just placebo, but there was something so great about to process.

1 Like

I’m guessing you have slammed a few of these bad boys, jw? :joy:

1 Like

Is that the original Bull Red?

Kar Ting Dang, or something?

Nah, Wim. You are thinking of the Thai energy drink, Krating Daeng, which Red Bull copied.

The pic I attached is of the Japanese drink, Lipovitan D - which started selling in the early 1960s. Come to think of it, I have no idea if there is any link between Lipovitan D & the Thai drink.

2 Likes

I was.
I know there are no real cures, but…that stuff was pretty good.

I’d definitely give yours a go.

They definitely give me a buzz. 50mg of caffeine in that 100ml bottle, a crapload of B-vits & taurine.

1 Like

Is this hangover cure, or what you drink to get drunk? (Or both)

1 Like

i’m taking your advice … you are indeed correct on your summation

Heroin

1 Like

it rocks ya for 6 every time

I like the tropical and berry

Funniest heroin I ever heard