Hannebery Vs Hurley - How Many, If Any?

https://twitter.com/harfserious/status/467271363074326528Just in case you were unsure, it was all Hurley's fault.

Wow; that‘s ■■■■■■-dim of a very high order. Maybe he could mention Mcveigh digging to China and being handed a goal for it.

And if you thought that was good, Riccuito thought that Hurley went in 'dangerously low'.
Hurley had his eyes on the ball all the way and it's a bit hard to pick up the ball without bending over.
And why has there been no comment on all these players barging into stationary players with their heads to 'draw' a free? Very prevalent this year and the umpires get sucked in every time. Pity the poor ■■■■■■■ who is on the end of one of these head butts when the head butter gets seriously injured.

Like Hibbo?

Think the Raines/Goddard incident from last week is a good comparison. The difference is that Raines/Goddard arrived at the ball at the same time - This is a crucial difference - In the Hurley/Hannaberry case Hurley had the ball first, albeit fumbling it - This made it harder for Hannaberry, but at the same time, Hannaberry had to be more careful in how he attacked the contest.

I think Hannaberry failed in his duty of care. 

I was at the game and I will say this. My first reaction was pure fury that it wasn’t a free kick. It was head high, both players were going for the ball, hannebery realised late he wouldn’t get and rotated to bump. So with that in mind, the question is, should Daniel have pirouetted out of the contest ? To be honest I think he had more idea of what he was doing than Fyfe, Lindsay Thomas and jack zeibell combined, not that i condone him for it. Zero weeks.

I was at the game and I will say this. My first reaction was pure fury that it wasn't a free kick. It was head high, both players were going for the ball, hannebery realised late he wouldn't get and rotated to bump. So with that in mind, the question is, should Daniel have pirouetted out of the contest ? To be honest I think he had more idea of what he was doing than Fyfe, Lindsay Thomas and jack zeibell combined, not that i condone him for it. Zero weeks.

could have just braced and gone for ball. Chose to brace and step over the ball to hit hurley and collected the head. Its a ■■■■■■■ bump to the head when he saw he was beat to the ball

I was at the game and I will say this. My first reaction was pure fury that it wasn't a free kick. It was head high, both players were going for the ball, hannebery realised late he wouldn't get and rotated to bump. So with that in mind, the question is, should Daniel have pirouetted out of the contest ? To be honest I think he had more idea of what he was doing than Fyfe, Lindsay Thomas and jack zeibell combined, not that i condone him for it. Zero weeks.

could have just braced and gone for ball. Chose to brace and step over the ball to hit hurley and collected the head. Its a ******* bump to the head when he saw he was beat to the ball

I wasn't clear because I am intoxicated to a massive level. I think he wanted to hit him

Same as Ryder on McPharlin

3 weeks

Was the exact reason the rule was brought in

3 weeks

If he goes I think only 1 or 2 cause afl have weakened stance on this rule. Unfortunately the viney correct decision has created confusion over the bump rule as you could see by the special comments from commentators last night.

If he gets off it will be a disgrace.

Also none mentioned umpire accident. Malceski must go for at least a week.

It is Sydney - nothing

If it was Hurley bumping to Hannebery, 2 weeks

The same blokes that ■■■■ over Joel Selwood for going in head first were potting Hurley for his poor technique.

From the MRP:

Hurley made forceful contact with his head to the midsection of Hackberry.

The incident was classified as reckless, medium impact, and medium impact, carrying a points activation score of 795. Hurley has an Essendon jumper, adding a 25% loading. This makes a total of 1200 activation points, because we rounded up to 800 and doubled the Essendon jumper loading. Hurley is not eligible for an early guilty plea, because all Essendon players are guilty in our minds. In short, Hurley can accept a 15 week ban, or he can GAGF.

Also, Hackberry will be given a 25% reduction on his next tribunal case.

Did he really fake a rib injury? You can see how you get out of these now.

Turn someone into a quad and then run the "I simply braced for impact. It was unavoidable. I'm actually the one the got hurt. Have you seen my brused shoulder/ side?" angle.

Did he really fake a rib injury? You can see how you get out of these now.
Turn someone into a quad and then run the "I simply braced for impact. It was unavoidable. I'm actually the one the got hurt. Have you seen my brused shoulder/ side?" angle.

If Hannebery was that badly injured there must have been some force involved. As to who gets the blame, the level of force usually comes into determining any penalty. Let's see.
By the way, I couldn't care less if he was suspended or not, even though I think he should be according to the rule and the fact that he's a lying prick. I don't think he intended to hurt Hurley. I just think he Chose the wrong option & executed his manouver very poorly.

Nothing to see here, move along. It's a contact sport.

Nothing to see here, move along. It's a contact sport.

Hitting a bloke in the head has always been reportable

Free kick. With the way the rules are currently probably should have a 2game rest. But I don’t think he should.

i think the fumbling is what caused hurls to go head first. it's not like the ball was 100% in dispute, he was borderline in possession of the ball, not that hanneberry can make decisions based on that. i think it was just an unfortunate situation.

he shouldn't get weeks, but i hope he does. fark him. Media monitor this afl, you bunch of dogs. 

At least a free to hurls would have been nice. The lack of one gave the swans a goal!

I was more angry about the lack of a free than any malicious attempt by hannebery

HOW MANY DUDES YOU KNOW ROLL LIKE THIS?

No free kick was the thing that galled me also.

Similarly, Chapman got a head high whack on ANZAC day that sent him off the field and Watson a decent smack on the chops last week at the Gabba. No free on either occasion. Are we second class citizens now and other teams can do what they like to us?

They can argue all they like about the bump and the possible penalty etc. but a free kick was as obvious as the nose on your face and the basic thing required.

Incompetent umpires!