Have you ever won anything?

Mid 00’s some EFC function for the trainers, won an XXXL Fila ORANGE training top. At the time I was an M.

Paul Salmon mispronounced my German surname. And then blamed me for it.

When I was fifteen, my dad bet one of his workmates that I could beat him in an arm wrestle. I did, and the guy had to eat a banana without peeling it. Looking back now, my dad was a bit weird....

This is good.

Oh wait. You’ve blocked me. LOL.

Mid 00's some EFC function for the trainers, won an XXXL Fila ORANGE training top. At the time I was an M.

Salmon mispronounced Trump?

Mid 00's some EFC function for the trainers, won an XXXL Fila ORANGE training top. At the time I was an M.

Well, you started it, you invaded Poland.

Always knew he was a traitor.

Another one from when I was younger. I remember our Grand Final tipping (team and margin) comp in 2004 was done at half time for some reason. The host must have forgotten. Everyone had Brisbane except for me and maybe one or 2 others who chose Port - both of them by slim margins. I won by virtue of being nearest to the post - I think I had them by 2 goals and no-one else was any closer than that.

$100 to an 11 year old - was like solid gold.

Had a win today, was heading to an appointment and saw $50 note on the ground. Picked it up, it was very warm as it was in the direct sun. No one around at all. Just trying to decide what to spend it on.

1 Like

May I suggest me.

3 Likes

Happy to shout you a drink if I see you at R1 game.

1 Like

The internet, but then I went all in and lost, so i’m not sure who has it now.

I won the heart of my darling, exceptional wife.

Jks jks, I totally settled

1 Like

Both parties feeling that they’ve ‘settled,’ is the key to a happy and successful marriage.

1 Like

I won a raffle at the local fish 'n chip shop once. I was standing in the shop and after about 20 minutes they called out my number! I got a piece of flake and minimum chips as the prize.

1 Like

Have I mentioned my cake raffle I won in grade 2?

1 Like

I won a grand on a scratchie once, my missus won 42 grand on the pokies once, then gave half to her friend on a pact they had. That takes some very serious honesty and intergrity

2 Likes

I was wandering down Flinders St one free afternoon, and on a whim went to Crown and played some Caribbean Stud. Pulled a 4 of a kind and won about $2 grand. Did it again a few months later.

Dropped a few 200 and 300 dollar days in between, but still ended more than $1500 or so in front.

Spice Market in the CBD used to give $50 drink cards to first fifty girls. Music was ■■■■, but I compromised :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Around 1993 won a CD copy of TAD ‘Inhaler’ from Hot Metal magazine.

A few years years later won a raffle to go ten pin bowling with members of Melvins on their first Australian tour. Buzz was quirky, Mark D was a complete and utter misery and Dale was a legend.

1 Like