Hawks v EFC at MCG this Saturday - the team!

Maybe it’s an internal EFC tradition? Started by Sheeds?

2 Likes

Have you ever seen a small player being the only one in space in our forward line?

I think our selection panel is honest in ways we wish weren’t true.

I wish our talls tapped and dished off to our smalls more deliberately more often.

I can be outraged by that.

A couple of these umpires are a bit too young…don’t you think?

4 Likes

And if the doctors, who presumably know more than you about the situation, have given him the all clear? Everyone’s always trying to give players extra weeks off based on the feel of their injury while having no insight into it.

Or trying to justify why there should be a late change to the lineup the moment it’s announced, as if we cunningly only select a 21 to throw off the opposition every week. Never happens, late changes occur because things don’t go according to the plan.

3 Likes

Same docs that didn’t think JD was injured?

Only as good as your bottom six…

That’s arguably now Francis, Dea, Goddard, Baguely, Guelfi and Mitch D. All very handy! Best bottom six in a long time.

1 Like

I think that’s mental age.

1 Like

Same smartarse response to every comment about an EFC injury?

2 Likes

10, 9 , 8, 7 …

No David Myers!

11 Likes

Yet if it was a hamstring minor strain or a tight calf it would be a week.

I think we know more about head knocks now, it’s great they generally are not allowed back on during the game.

If Dea didn’t get knocked out there wouldn’t be much discussion to the unchanged lineup, given Langford, Parish and Francis are all in.

Myers has come good. He is bottom 7.

3 Likes

I still reckon we look undersized up forward for marking options. Not sure why Stewart isn’t playing VFL but I’d have him (or even Laverde) in for Dea to balance things out a bit.

Then they’re a bit too old…don’t you think?

1 Like

umpires a big big big worry

Maybe X should send Margetts a bottle of Grange Hermitage ?

1 Like

But get Wayne Carey to deliver it…

1 Like

Does this mean I get to keep my place on the island?

4 Likes

We traditionally go tall but we looked great in the second half last week when we lowered our eyes, I hope we persist with a smaller mobile forward line and I think it will suit the blustery conditions on Saturday.

1 Like