Hayden Skipworth

ask skipworth WHY Langford and Clarke are not in

1 Like

This makes it 3 assistant coaches are ■■■■… All three have been at the club for a number of years. Why has it taken so long to work it out?

Probably because Richardson only got the job at the start of the year?

1 Like

I’m in the nutter category.

6 Likes

The bloke is a fraud, should have been packaged up with Neeld and blasted into the sun

2 Likes

What… Nobody noticed they ■■■■ coaches or massive problems before that?

Not if the person who was looking after them was happy. Also we looked reasonable last year after what had previously happened so concerns may not have been quite so obvious. Clearly this year has exposed a few things. The other guy is gone and a new guy is there and he has identified some issues and is clearly working on them.

Deflection, deflection, Skippy being set up as the next scapegoat? Maybe those with contacts are being used as part of the spin.

2 Likes

I’ve stood at the huddle at VFL and I must say I was very impressed with the way Skipworth spoke to the players. He was not accusatory but used mistakes as teaching points. He was positive, challenging and encouraging. He reminded them of what they focused on at training. To add to the physical impression, I’ve heard he develops very good relationships with the players. I was happy with how he got our forward line into gear last year. His midfield this year might look good on paper to Essendon supporters, but we’re delusional if we think the current mix is competitive against the strong teams.

12 Likes

Likewise,

1 Like

@Riolio needs to update the categories.

10 Likes

I agree. Our inside midfield is almost non existent
If we find 2 big bodied mature age midfielders even from the VFL, SAFL or WAFL it will be great for our outside running lighter midfielders like Merrett, Zack, Parish , Smith etc

Maybe… I really don’t know.
But there are posters who basically tell you to ‘■■■■ off’ if you ask them for details or ‘you’re a ■■■■■■■ idiot’ if you offer a different opinion.
I have no inside contacts so I come on BB’s to find out what other supporters know or are thinking about the club, players, games etc. I don’t read, watch or listen to any msm since the saga so most of my footy info comes from here and Essendon related podcast. So I just have to take what anyone on here says with a grain of salt - until something actually happens.

1 Like

Refreshing to hear from someone with some exposure to his coaching.

1 Like

I did it a few times an at the VFL and thought he was as inspiring in the 3rs quarter rev ups as a wet tissue

Maybe that was you not him? You tend to fire up when it gets personal. lol

1 Like

Or maybe not.

As do you. Would you consider yourself competitive?

never, I don’t like to win, not even arguments

lol

1 Like

Bit much you categorized me as hysterical! I’m just an ordinary garden variety one.

4 Likes