Health & Fitness

Holy ■■■■ so much goodness. Will read thoroughly when I get home tonight. Thanks heaps mate

No problems.

If you (or anyone) still can't work it out I'll lay out a sample week including the assistance, then list a full cycle of max effort and dynamic effort over 12 weeks

YES! Finally have video footage that I can actually deadlift 200kg lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO4BEHRONCw

Proof you don't need to do reps to be relatively good at reps.

Girl in this vid trains Westside and NEVER does deadlift sets above ONE rep, and hasn't for about 2 years until today.

Here she is deadlifting 143kg for 18 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyJQiw_pHg0

Proof you don't need to do reps to be relatively good at reps.

Girl in this vid trains Westside and NEVER does deadlift sets above ONE rep, and hasn't for about 2 years until today.

Here she is deadlifting 143kg for 18 reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyJQiw_pHg0

WOOWEE.  fark thats strong.  And not just for a chick.  I do around 140kg for 8 and I'm cooked

She is pretty impressive.

She mainly competes and trains in the equipped powerlifting division (where you wear supportive suits/shirts etc) but even still she would have won her class at our national championships.

Also did 13 pull ups in training tonight after benching lol.

I managed 17 thumbless overhand grip pull ups tonight - 5 more than I'd ever done with that grip and that is after having NOT done them since last year (and only irregularly after I hurt my shoulder in April 2011).

Goes to prove that

a) after you have developed enough skill in a particular movement you DO NOT have to do that movement in order to improve

b) all the talk about lat pulldowns NOT carrying over to pull ups is GARBAGE cos that's basically all I have done in the last 8 months as far as anything that even remotely resembles a pull up goes

in order these are 165, 190, 210 & 215 kg.

215 was pretty ugly but getting there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZrDWb_mC9c

Has  anyone had spirulina before? A guy I train with gave me some cheap because he ordered bulk. It's ridiculously nutritious and has something ridiculous like 65g or protein per 100g, but it tastes like ■■■■. ■■■■ right in your mouth.  

And if anyone needs to learn how to drain cauliflower ear let me know. Getting 70 units per drain these days, needle in and out and ear back to normal in minutes. ******* pro.

All those green super foods are incredibly nutritious.
As you mentioned, Spirulina, as well as Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, Chlorophyll etc.....
A few years ago, I read very positive things about this stuff called ' Wild Blue Green Algae '.
It's difficult to find in OZ, but easy to order from reputable US sellers.
Must admit, I feel better when I am taking it.How much of that is a placebo effect, I'm not sure.
Most of these super foods taste pretty rank, so I normally go for the capsules.
Good luck with the cauliflower ear.....

Shame they taste like ■■■■ lol

I've spent the past two weeks counting every calorie I've eaten to work out my TDEE. No particular reason, just general interest and future reference. 2900 a day to maintain #YTfacts

On the advice of my Osteo I’ve purchased a foam roller for both self massage (ooer Matron) and basic core strength.

Any of you fit chaps have experience with them, and / or recommend a beginners routine to supplement my stretching routine?

EDIT: I’m doing some basic rolls on quads/hams/glutes/hip flexor/back but I feel like I should be doing more

On the advice of my Osteo I've purchased a foam roller for both self massage (ooer Matron) and basic core strength.
Any of you fit chaps have experience with them, and / or recommend a beginners routine to supplement my stretching routine?
EDIT: I'm doing some basic rolls on quads/hams/glutes/hip flexor/back but I feel like I should be doing more

My mates got one, reckons it's a lifesaver. I just use it to crack my back on. 

Oh, I love mine, no doubt, but I’m just wondering if there’s more I can do with it to start strengthening my core

Started working in front squats after getting to 120 for reps, they are the devil. Shoulders taking an eternity to recover, even at just 70kg.

Oh, I love mine, no doubt, but I'm just wondering if there's more I can do with it to start strengthening my core

I would say they're pretty useless for strengthening core strength myself.

As for using it to roll on - start from your feet, find a spot that hurts like hell to roll on, roll it 20 times slowly, move up to the next part of your body that hurts like hell.

what is the best food to eat before working out?

Oh, I love mine, no doubt, but I'm just wondering if there's more I can do with it to start strengthening my core

As for using it to roll on - start from your feet, find a spot that hurts like hell to roll on, roll it 20 times slowly, move up to the next part of your body that hurts like hell.

Cool, I'm doing it right then!

Love my foam roller but find it can be tough to get to trigger points in the back,hamstrings and glutes with. Cricket or tennis ball might be a bit more effective.

Lacrosse ball is the best best.

Iron Edge sell a slightly softer version for about $6 wholesale (if you can't get an account done online call and tell them Graham sent you)

I have a single then 2 taped together to fit over my spine that i lie on

Started working in front squats after getting to 120 for reps, they are the devil. Shoulders taking an eternity to recover, even at just 70kg.

I hate front squats lol.

I normally use a harness to rest the bar in when I do them otherwise my shoulders get too beat up for the rest of the training session and/or my next training session

what is the best food to eat before working out?

Depends on the individual. I don't like to eat anything for an hour or 2 before I train, but will have energy drinks and lollies while I train

hey, i'm Waldo

30 something

85kg

just tryin to get back in shape, banned from playing footy by you know who

just bought a bar and some bumper plates, got kettle bells, speedball, floor to ceiling ball, eventually get some Rogue power rack. I will set up my 5mx6m bungalow into a little area to perform some crossfit WODs and boxing training. just love the variety that the WODs provide and really struggle with the whole gym environment. local cross fit in northcote was really cool, but its expensive and hard to get their with work/family commitments.

im on day 7 of the 10 day carb washout period for carb back loading, its a lot easier than i thought itd be in terms of not feeling hungry, so will be keen to get into the fun part of allowing myself some treats soon. 

good to see the thread back up and running, seeing as ill be training alone maybe post progress in here