Health & Fitness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3M24W2JJSA&feature=youtu.be

Cant remember how to embed YouTube clips at the moment, but clip gives you a bit of an insight into some of the conditioning training MMA fighters do.
Tiger MMA over in Thailand looks awesome, it's so damn cheap too so I'm keen to get over there for a few weeks training later in the year. 

holy frick.

got to 8 days(supposed to be 10) on no carbs as part of CBL washout period.

i just unloaded on a tonne of stuff, feel amazing and terrible at the same time. cant remember what im supposed to do tomorrow. but probably back to eating dust

Just got told by one of my training partners back home that he is now the head Strength & Conditioning coach for the Melbourne Storm.

Pretty cool news.

Hopefully he can hook us up with an internship/work experience type deal

Went to PTC in Perth for some coaching. Walked out with a 150kg deadlift and reckon I had at least another 5kg in the tank.

Little bit of coaching goes a long way!

Has  anyone had spirulina before? A guy I train with gave me some cheap because he ordered bulk. It's ridiculously nutritious and has something ridiculous like 65g or protein per 100g, but it tastes like ■■■■. ■■■■ right in your mouth.  

And if anyone needs to learn how to drain cauliflower ear let me know. Getting 70 units per drain these days, needle in and out and ear back to normal in minutes. ■■■■■■■ pro.

Might try them.

Anyone know of any decent cheap places in the melb cbd or online for ■■■■ like protein etc? I've been at a loss since VitaminMe seems to have shut down.

On the advice of my Osteo I've purchased a foam roller for both self massage (ooer Matron) and basic core strength.
Any of you fit chaps have experience with them, and / or recommend a beginners routine to supplement my stretching routine?
EDIT: I'm doing some basic rolls on quads/hams/glutes/hip flexor/back but I feel like I should be doing more

Yeah I've got the black hart one it's great. For the begging just the usual glute stretches and ITB stretches. I've been told not to use it on your whole back, ie lower back, so I just roll it from my shoulders to about the start of the rib cage. Around to where my elbows are.

Went to PTC in Perth for some coaching. Walked out with a 150kg deadlift and reckon I had at least another 5kg in the tank.
Little bit of coaching goes a long way!

Certainly does.

Ps at the Crossfit Seminar I did (well helped at) today, there was a BJJ guy there.

He was the weakest, had the worst mobility, worst co-ordination, worst conditioning and one of the lowest box jumps

He's not exactly giving you guys a good showing :p

Anyone taken Citrulline Malate before? Does it make you ■■■■ blood or anything?

1379476_594116650625578_1767509325_n.png

Tbh I’d work out my hips on another girl and pretend it was her

Anyone taken Citrulline Malate before? Does it make you ■■■■ blood or anything?

Ok so I got it. At first it's like wizz fizz, then it turns extremely sour, think lemon but 100x. I've found that fixing it in with Maximus lemon instead of powerade or gatorade (neither are mask it as well) works best. Still it doesn't taste as vile as ■■■■■■■ L-Arginine. That ■■■■ is the worst.

Results? After a week I'm not sure. TBH I only bought it so it'd give me another reason to stay off the ■■■■. Was only $30 for 200g. 'Recommended' serves are 4mg to 8mg a day. I have 4mg early on and then 4mg after training.

strong transformation. 75kg - 140kg from 18 to 30 y/old

1239371_10201263246116742_1493816849_n.j

Don't hate me, but I prefer the before.

- megz

Makes sense, megz. I’ve seen (what little there is of) buggy

Lol I was going to post something similar

Pre-bulk Brandon looks like he’d get beaten up by a stick insect

Makes sense, megz. I've seen (what little there is of) buggy

Sheesh, I'm not the guy on the right, but I'm not the guy on the left either.

I, ah, sort of lift, bro.

Concentrate kids. 100% of the time. Lost concentration for half a second towards the end of my heavy DL set tonight, seven perfect reps… released the tension on my lower back and am now holed up at box hill hospital after a trip in the ambo awaiting scans tomorrow morning after a frightening snap crackle and pop in my hip which shot down my right leg. Looks like back to square one for me after physically the best year of my life. Having had my fair share of nasty injuries, I’m kind of fearing the worst…

There’s my pro tip for the evening.

Fuckmate thats ■■■■. Hope its not serious.

Protip 2 - don't do seven reps of deadlifts!!!! 

Don't hate me, but I prefer the before.

- megz

It's because he's a doctor. 

Lol ^

Definitely some chemistry there too :wink:

And yes - deadlift reps, particularly close stance, can be nasty!

Strange that it was only 1 rep that did it. Normally you can feel your technique degrading a few reps in advance