Health & Fitness

How to unload a 360kg bar like a boss lol
http://youtu.be/lAX_MQ1KIxs

Dude with the camera...

Is this guy lol
http://prelive.themercury.com.au/article/2010/03/23/135781_scalesofjustice.html

Now this is how you squat

If anyone is in Sydney in Nov this guy is competing and youā€™ll get to see a 450+ squat

Completed my first 1/2 Melbourne marathon today, great event - did get a little hot, but had to push through. People were dropping like flies on the course due to the heat

Ā 

2.16 - happy with that time for a first hit up, next year will aim for 2hrs, really hit a wall at 16km - lungs and heart were find, feet and legs were another story.

Ā 

Now back on the roadie and swimming.

I was actually upset this morning that I couldnā€™t run! Bugman did and struggled with the heat too, was much better last year. 2.16 is an awesome time!

Friend made me sign up for a stair based "fun run" (Is there such a thing) on Thursday. No training, managed to come second in the half event. Probably says more about the field than me but I'm claiming it (And bringing to anyone who will listen :P).

Im trying to get my fitness levels up. Seriously, im so unfit. Ive dropped a bit of weight now but fitness levels are HORRIBLE. It makes you wonder how the hell people ever get fit. Fk me, i run 400m and am rooted

Im trying to get my fitness levels up. Seriously, im so unfit. Ive dropped a bit of weight now but fitness levels are HORRIBLE. It makes you wonder how the hell people ever get fit. Fk me, i run 400m and am rooted

Ā 

Consistency is the #1 thing to get fitter in the long term. Even 3 days a week for a year is going to be far better than 2 months all-out, getting sick of it, chucking it in for 10 months and then starting over again which is a pretty common pattern.

Ā 

And start easily if you're just getting back into it. Intensity does count for a lot but it's better to get some basic general fitness back first before trying to ramp it up too much.

Ā 

was in similar boat start of the year. Ā Lost the weight mainly throughĀ diet but I could barely walk a flight of stairs without my heart rate/breathing escalating noticeably. for cardio fitness I just started doing regular walking , then changed to jogging , at least 3 times a week minimum. Key is as Chess said be consistent. Found it hardest for the first month. After that it got much easier and I got addicted to the adrenalin again. the stopped the running and joined the gym. haven't looked back.

Cheers for the responses. Ive often found myself like you said chess, doing it for a while, then just lose motivation. Motivation is a huge huge struggle with me, after working outside all day, you just want to come home and lie down.

Ive got a new found respect for footy players coming back from aclā€™s. Every time i start to stride out a bit more on a lead kicking the footy with my mate, i feel like itā€™ll just give way so u never reach anywhere close to a sprint

Did an 8 week challenge at my local gym and lost 3% body fat. Pretty happy and definitely encouraged to keep going!

about 6 weeks ago, slipped my lower disc again (first time was 6 years ago) - always the case, get some momentum (coming of a 1/2 marathon) in fitness and something roadblocks you

Ā 

wake up the next day and took myself to the doctor to get some instant relief from the back pain. Prescribed Oxycontin (wow - that is some heavy shit) - stopped taking it after one day after I realised I was pinging in bed at 5am.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway - decided to go down the acupuncture and cupping route - 4 sessions later and the pain has disappeared. Could not recommend it enough!

Ā 

Running hill climbs tonight gahhhhh

Quoted Post

Cadbury marathon today 3 hours 19 minutes. 17 min pb great day. That's enough boasting for me.

were your race drinks limited to a glass and a half of full cream dairy milk?

Cadbury marathon today 3 hours 19 minutes. 17 min pb great day. That's enough boasting for me.

How many blocks is that?

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Houli Dooli regarding QuoteLink
That is an awesome time. You must be pretty happy with that. Still can't bring myself to do a full marathon.

yeh pretty happy.
didnt hit the wall this time round, first ever marathon last year was windy and hit wall around 28kms (3:35:59 overall)
theres really no way to prepare for a marathon without doing one. just stick to training plan.
This years conditions were great. good temp hardly any wind.

That is an awesome time. You must be pretty happy with that. Still can't bring myself to do a full marathon.

Nice work, thats a very respectable time, Iā€™m hoping to do about 4 hrs 30 mins for my first later this year but I think Iā€™m dreaming, have to set a target time though

Quoted Post

Nice work, thats a very respectable time, Iā€™m hoping to do about 4 hrs 30 mins for my first later this year but I think Iā€™m dreaming, have to set a target time though

if you plug your 5 or 10km pb into the mcmillan calculator it will give you a good idea of what time to set as a goal for the marathon.
http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/

thanks.

A reply to: @Eastie_Boi regarding QuoteLink

This thread has been pretty quiet. Everyone letting themselves go over the holiday period lol?

Quite update on how Iā€™ve been going training wise:
Finally bench more than a little girl. Now have a 125kg bench done in competition.
My squat has moved to around 245-250 for a single, although my deadlift has been suffering lately.
Iā€™m not sure whether thereā€™s a little injury Iā€™ve picked up but havenā€™t noticed or my hip mobility has gone to ā– ā– ā– ā–  but hopefully I can get on top of it sooner rather than later
Bodyweight is consistently up around 86-87kg which is a good 10kg heavier than I was this time last year

ā– ā– ā– ā–  nice work!

I havenā€™t been lifting heavy lately, pretty much just maintaining over the holiday period. Too much partying.

Cadbury marathon today 3 hours 19 minutes. 17 min pb great day. Thatā€™s enough boasting for me.

This thread has been pretty quiet.
Everyone letting themselves go over the holiday period lol?

Quick update on how Iā€™ve been going training wise:
Finally bench more than a little girl. Now have a 125kg bench done in competition.
My squat has moved to around 245-250 for a single, although my deadlift has been suffering lately.
Iā€™m not sure whether thereā€™s a little injury Iā€™ve picked up but havenā€™t noticed or my hip mobility has gone to ā– ā– ā– ā–  but hopefully I can get on top of it sooner rather than later
Bodyweight is consistently up around 86-87kg which is a good 10kg heavier than I was this time last year