Heath Shaw

I think its fair enough to have his own thread given we have been linked to him by a few sources and also as an A grader, deserves a thread.

Under a 2 year contract.

But wont be at Collingwood next year you would imagine given a no show at copeland (B&F) and the other reports coming out.

No matter what we think of him, he IS a very good footballer. Playing his best when able to run off half back and up the wing to join in creating play forward. He is like a backline version of Brent Stanton.

What are your Pro's, Con's and if you think he is worth targeting, what would you offer for him?

I think the only way we are able to get into the fold for this one is if we are able to get a pick from the Doggies for Crameri or whoever we move Gumby to (hopefully). Then on-trade that. I cant see much Collingwood interest in much else on our list, unless it included Gumby himself.

Pros: Excellent footballer

Cons: C*ck

Con: Can we offer enough?

just don't see how we will be able to get a trade done for this guy.

is obviously a bit of a headcase but has serious talent and plenty of good football left.

probably the best trade we could offer will be the crameri pick (25 ish) and a player. their interests in what we might have to offer will depend a bit on what happens with jessie white i suspect. 

it all seems pretty unlikely to me though. think he will probably end up at sydney with his bro as part of the white deal.

Very good football player.

Very average human.

Would love to know what people think we can do trade wise to make this happen. 

I think our stalling on the Cram deal is likely due to us trying to involve a 3rd club in the transaction.

Doubt we'll get him, and doubt we really want him.

Might be a good fit for GWS, but I will f*cking scream if the Dees hand over pick 2 for him. 

Considering the Pies dont want him and hes under contract, his value is automatically diminished.

Considering the Pies dont want him and hes under contract, his value is automatically diminished.

Agreed, they just want to ■■■■ him off out of the place. They will probably take a second rounder just to get rid of him

Where do we play him exactly? I would play both Hibberd and Dempsey in front of him and he isn't fit enough to play wing/midfield.

Fletcher - Hooker - Baguley

Hibberd - Carlisle/Hurley - Shaw

Dempsey

and id rotate that wing position between Shaw and Dempsey.

Remember, this requires that everyone is fit and that Fletcher plays all the time. Which he wont.

And if Hib/Demps miss games it saves us from having to move Goddard/Heppell back there.

The only concern i have is Shaw's back, i think whatever the reason the Pies want to get rid of him, is partly due to him feeling so comfortable in his environment for so long and then it getting shaken up with Buckley's agenda.

A new environment would mean that he doesnt feel like he is being forced to change old habits in his comfortable environment. it IS a new environment and a new start for him. something he might relish. i think he would be keen to prove himself if he moved.

Could he play a half forward role (ala the one we are missing with crameri leaving?). He can take a grab, has a much better field kick and a better turn of foot? Probably a bit late in his career for a change like that however.

I'd rather blood Dalgleish if there is an injury across half back. But if the coaches think we are a genuine flag chance this year, then maybe Shaw back there makes sense.

Turn Dempsey into a Wells type player, He's well and truly capable.

Will go to a club where he can control the backline.

Ie Gold Coast

No team chasing a flag will tolerate his control freak attitude other than a young playing group.

Ie Gold Coast

No team chasing a flag will tolerate his control freak attitude other than a young playing group.

id like to know your evidence of such behaviour. if you are making that call because hes shown passion on the ground when other plays blow their coverage, then i think you are looking far to much into it.

Ie Gold Coast

id like to know your evidence of such behaviour. if you are making that call because hes shown passion on the ground when other plays blow their coverage, then i think you are looking far to much into it.

Maxwell....recall? Passion is one thing but disrespecting your captain amongst players, fans and club is another..

Dempsey

Remember, this requires that everyone is fit and that Fletcher plays all the time. Which he wont.
And if Hib/Demps miss games it saves us from having to move Goddard/Heppell back there.

The only concern i have is Shaw's back, i think whatever the reason the Pies want to get rid of him, is partly due to him feeling so comfortable in his environment for so long and then it getting shaken up with Buckley's agenda.

A new environment would mean that he doesnt feel like he is being forced to change old habits in his comfortable environment. it IS a new environment and a new start for him. something he might relish. i think he would be keen to prove himself if he moved.

Can tell you his brother Rhyce does not want him in Sydney. Even though they are close. Since Rhyce has established himself and gotten married and doesn't want him to move in with him up there.
Can also tell you the reason he is looking elsewhere - at end of year review he told Bucks to let him run up the ground more, Bucks told him you'll play where I want and Shaw told him where to go.

yeah i remember that.

i dont have much of a problem with it to be honest. id rather see a player overreact a little than not react or care at all.

things happen on the field, its how you manage them off the field that matters.

Dempsey

Can tell you his brother Rhyce does not want him in Sydney. Even though they are close. Since Rhyce has established himself and gotten married and doesn't want him to move in with him up there.
Can also tell you the reason he is looking elsewhere - at end of year review he told Bucks to let him run up the ground more, Bucks told him you'll play where I want and Shaw told him where to go.

Buckley is wrong.

I saw multiple times this year that they released Maxwell up the ground, most notably against Port Adelaide when they got smashed.

This was clearly an emotional decision by Buckley and not one that was best for the team. This is clearly a breach of doing what is best for the team and Shaw knows it. 

Now, that doesnt mean he should have (if he did) tell Buckley where to go, but im sure that in a 1 on 1 conversation with your coach you would be allowed to express your disappointment considering he IS one of the better playmaking defenders in the league.

I'd have him at Essendon, hes a ■■■■■■ good player and still has plenty of football left in him. Isn't that what we want in our team? If we don't pick up these types of players from time to time, they go to other clubs and only make them harder to beat. Sometimes we need to go a bit harder at these players.

1. Heath Shaw's discussions have moved to written offers. Currently overseas, a decision to be made in 7-10 days

Now what could a written offer possibly entail if he is under contract? Surely its just which team he likes best in that instance? I would have thought the Pies would have 100% control of the situation ?