Heath Shaw

I'd take him.
His issue is with booze. No-one's ever criticised (as far as I'm aware) his training attitude, fitness, his application to a task on field, fitting in with other players etc
He just doesn't know when to stop, on the booze.
If that's going to mean we can get a very good player for a just-OK player price tag... I could deal with it. He can definitely play.
That's what Sydney have been doing for years - cf Rhyce, Davis, Hall etc.
Would possibly make him the most hated player in the league, by Collingwood, Carlton & Hawthorn fans.

The guy who got dropped earlier in the year for having Rosie O'Donnell's skin folds?
Didn't hear that.
He's been a first picked type for nearly 10 years in a very good side. He's got or at least had alcohol issues but I'm not worried about much else.

Really? Over ten years he's a first-picked player?

There's absolutely no way he would have been picked in front of Pendlebury, Swan, (in recent years) Beams or Sidebottom, or Cloke, (in previous years) Dale Thomas or Alan Didak, or (even earlier years) James Clement, or Paul Licuria and Nathan Buckley for that matter.

Possibly a 'first-picked-defender' - although I would pick Alan Toovey every day before Shaw, at least he's not such a shocking turnover king, and you know he's playing for the team.

Anyone doubting Heath Shaw's ability on field is cycloptic with one eyedness.

He is an elite HBF'r who takes that many intercept marks & spoils, and his kicking is awesome and sets up so much attacking play.  And when he played on a wing for the Pies this year still killed it as well, having wingers who are able to read the play & do the defensive thing and drop back into space are gold.    Shaw on one wing and Goddard on the other would be unbelievable defensively with setting up their sides of the ground and helping out the back 6 and then their long accurate kicking to the fwds so valuable.

Anyone doubting Heath Shaw's ability on field is cycloptic with one eyedness.

He is an elite HBF'r who takes that many intercept marks & spoils, and his kicking is awesome and sets up so much attacking play.  And when he played on a wing for the Pies this year still killed it as well, having wingers who are able to read the play & do the defensive thing and drop back into space are gold.    Shaw on one wing and Goddard on the other would be unbelievable defensively with setting up their sides of the ground and helping out the back 6 and then their long accurate kicking to the fwds so valuable.

Speedy makes some valid points

BRING HIM IN ALSOOOO

Don't want.

I'd take him. Can play under pressure and is one of the few non-soft defenders in that back line.

Can really kick

Very good player, but not the type I think we should be chasing after. 

I'd rather go for a quick midfielder or a quality crumber than Shaw. 

Shaw is a smokescreen

if we get anything decent for Crameri, Shaw might become an option. It's a long shot and extremely unlikely. 

Shaw is a smokescreen

AD threw a few red herrings last time around.

don't have much to play with though.

I'm sure with the new governance rules in place I'm positive their will be a no ■■■■■■■■ policy

A member of my family grew up with Shaw in Greensborough, he's exactly the same as he was when he was a kid. I always thought there was something wrong with the guy, be it ADD or something to do with growing up in footy clubs with his name, but he has no impulse control. I'm surprised he's lasted this long, always thought he'd go down the Fevola route and self implode. 

Don't need him, we don't don't have the resources to baby sit a senior player, why would we want to?

Would be a cancer in our club. 

A member of my family grew up with Shaw in Greensborough, he's exactly the same as he was when he was a kid. I always thought there was something wrong with the guy, be it ADD or something to do with growing up in footy clubs with his name, but he has no impulse control. I'm surprised he's lasted this long, always thought he'd go down the Fevola route and self implode.
Don't need him, we don't don't have the resources to baby sit a senior player, why would we want to?
Would be a cancer in our club.

I get the feeling (no stats just observations) that he gets a lot of goals kicked on him and gets sucked up the ground chasing the ball too much, aside from the brain fades

SHAW: NO

I reckon Shaw will be a bomber next year. Again, no inside info. Just a hunch.

2 big hunches, counting the Myers call. Are they connected somehow?

■■■■. That.

Gee, the crystal ball is well and truly out this evening.

You know Fogdog that all you do is completely mess with people's minds with such comments.

I like

Shaw via trade and dal santo via free agency plz