Heath Shaw

Shaw's a gun, of course we should be trying to get him. Can't see it happening though, unless he nominates Essendon as his one and only preference... and even then it'd be a tough ask to get it done.

Shaw's a gun, of course we should be trying to get him. Can't see it happening though, unless he nominates Essendon as his one and only preference... and even then it'd be a tough ask to get it done.

I would be happy with us being the club to force Shaw into the PSD, even if it means he goes before our pick. Let's screw the Pies.

The only way we could POSSIBLY get him would be a three-way deal with the Dogs and pick 22. Shaw to Essendon, Crameri to Dogs, Pick 22 to WB. But you just know Collingwood won't accept that, so might require a player to go with it. And if we get pick 4 from the Dogs, then we won't give that up for Shaw.

I would be happy with us being the club to force Shaw into the PSD, even if it means he goes before our pick. Let's screw the Pies.

He's contracted.

Going to GWS in Adams deal.

Nothing to see here. This ■■■■ does not deserve our time.

This.

OP said "A-Grader" ...(?) Seriously - he is not.

And we do NOT want him, or anything like him, from that bunch of hot sick at the Pies.

Going to GWS in Adams deal.

Nothing to see here. This ■■■■ does not deserve our time.

This.

OP said "A-Grader" ...(?) Seriously - he is not.

And we do NOT want him, or anything like him, from that bunch of hot sick at the Pies.

What are you talking about? He is absolutely an A-Grader!

anyone who doesnt think shaw is an A grader needs their head examined and to take off their rose coloured glasses.

He might be a ■■■■, but he’s an A Grade ■■■■.

anyone who doesnt think shaw is an A grader needs their head examined and to take off their rose coloured glasses.

I remember having arguments with people on Blitz a couple of years ago who thought that Beams was just Collingwood's version of Reimers.

I remember having arguments with people on Blitz a couple of years ago who thought that Beams was just Collingwood's version of Reimers.

Holy ■■■■. Just...wow.

Holy ****. Just...wow.

please dont associate me with them even through just quoting!

Holy ****. Just...wow.

Are these the same people that thought Reimers would be the next Didak?

Happy to disagree with you and Pevster on this. My opinion is just as valid as yours - there's nothing rose-coloured about it.

He certainly has plenty of talent - no doubt. But you need more than just talent to be an "A Grader" in my view. 

It should be relatively short list.

Re Heath Shaw:

1. he has too many "issues" off-field

2. he has too many "brain fades" and clangers on-field (the out of bounds on the full with less than a minute to go in this year's Anzac Day match is a classic example; taking out Monfries a few weeks ago, another)

3. he might be a brave, proactive 'playmaker' but he tends to blaze away and turns it over way too much, too (if we wanted the previous attributes, but without the clangers, we should be going for Kade Simpson).

4. if was he was *seriously* an "A-Grader", then why are Collingwood happy to just ■■■■ him off out of the place?

The answer is - he's not an "A Grader". He's not even an "A-Grader" in his own team - let alone the AFL.

Heath Shaw anywhere near as good as Jobe Watson or Brendon Goddard? Give me a break.

Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Ryan Griffen, Luke Hodge, Dan Haneberry, McVeigh, Chris Masten, Glass, Cox,  Liberatore, Harry Taylor, Fyfe, Mundy, Roughead, Josh Gibson, Mitchell, Brent Harvey, Dangerfield, Rockliff, Beams, Swan, Pendlebury, Stevie Johnson, Cotchin, Crowley, Jack, Sam Mitchell, Scott Thompson...

These (plus a few others no doubt)  are amongst the A-Graders.

Heath Shaw would be lucky to be a "B grader" on any key performance measure.

PLus - we don't need a non-team playing I'm-An-Individual who thinks it's OK to rant at the captain on-field. (We've already got a few who think it's OK to give away stupid free kicks and 50s by arguing with the umpire.)

Do. Not. Want.

Holy ****. Just...wow.

Are these the same people that thought Reimers would be the next Didak?

he was. he just wasnt any good at football.

Happy to disagree with you and Pevster on this. My opinion is just as valid as yours - there's nothing rose-coloured about it.

He certainly has plenty of talent - no doubt. But you need more than just talent to be an "A Grader" in my view. 

It should be relatively short list.

Re Heath Shaw:

1. he has too many "issues" off-field

2. he has too many "brain fades" and clangers on-field (the out of bounds on the full with less than a minute to go in this year's Anzac Day match is a classic example; taking out Monfries a few weeks ago, another)

3. he might be a brave, proactive 'playmaker' but he tends to blaze away and turns it over way too much, too (if we wanted the previous attributes, but without the clangers, we should be going for Kade Simpson).

4. if was he was *seriously* an "A-Grader", then why are Collingwood happy to just ■■■■ him off out of the place?

The answer is - he's not an "A Grader". He's not even an "A-Grader" in his own team - let alone the AFL.

Heath Shaw anywhere near as good as Jobe Watson or Brendon Goddard? Give me a break.

Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Ryan Griffen, Luke Hodge, Dan Haneberry, McVeigh, Chris Masten, Glass, Cox,  Liberatore, Harry Taylor, Fyfe, Mundy, Roughead, Josh Gibson, Mitchell, Brent Harvey, Dangerfield, Rockliff, Beams, Swan, Pendlebury, Stevie Johnson, Cotchin, Crowley, Jack, Sam Mitchell, Scott Thompson...

These (plus a few others no doubt)  are amongst the A-Graders.

Heath Shaw would be lucky to be a "B grader" on any key performance measure.

PLus - we don't need a non-team playing I'm-An-Individual who thinks it's OK to rant at the captain on-field. (We've already got a few who think it's OK to give away stupid free kicks and 50s by arguing with the umpire.)

Do. Not. Want.

1. you cannot use off-field anything to determine whether someone is an A grade footballer. Wayne Carey, Akermanis, Dustin Martin, Ben Cousins... etc. etc. etc...

2. Most of his few brain fades are when Buckley continues to play him out of position in the last line of defense. He is a running defender, not a KPP, yet Buckley as ive mentioned somewhere else today, treated him emotionally rather than doing what was best for the team. When you anchor him in the 50 and release Maxwell (against port and others), you are clearly making BAD coaching decisions. and please, he makes a few mistakes, what player doesnt.

3. Trying to can his football ability at what he is good at doesnt fly. hes a very good footballer. all encompassing. you get the good with the bad with every player and his good far far far outweighs the bad.

4. not related to football talent.

Con: air

Pros: sti*ute

And of your list of 27 players you mentioned, 8 could be considered of a similar role or position.
and of those 7 (Luke Hodge,  McVeigh, Chris Masten, Glass, Harry Taylor, Josh Gibson, Sam Mitchell)

id take him over:
Masten, Glass (old), Gibson - every day of the week.

I'd take him.
His issue is with booze. No-one's ever criticised (as far as I'm aware) his training attitude, fitness, his application to a task on field, fitting in with other players etc
He just doesn't know when to stop, on the booze.
If that's going to mean we can get a very good player for a just-OK player price tag... I could deal with it. He can definitely play.
That's what Sydney have been doing for years - cf Rhyce, Davis, Hall etc.
Would possibly make him the most hated player in the league, by Collingwood, Carlton & Hawthorn fans.

The guy who got dropped earlier in the year for having Rosie O'Donnell's skin folds?
Didn't hear that.
He's been a first picked type for nearly 10 years in a very good side. He's got or at least had alcohol issues but I'm not worried about much else.

And of your list of 27 players you mentioned, 8 could be considered of a similar role or position.
and of those 7 (Luke Hodge,  McVeigh, Chris Masten, Glass, Harry Taylor, Josh Gibson, Sam Mitchell)

id take him over:
Masten, Glass (old), Gibson - every day of the week.

...who just won the B&F in a premiership side.

Fair enough - I respect your opinion.

I just don't want him - or his A-Grade issues - at our Club. We've got waaay enough problems to deal with for the next decade thanks.

I'd take him.
His issue is with booze. No-one's ever criticised (as far as I'm aware) his training attitude, fitness, his application to a task on field, fitting in with other players etc
He just doesn't know when to stop, on the booze.
If that's going to mean we can get a very good player for a just-OK player price tag... I could deal with it. He can definitely play.
That's what Sydney have been doing for years - cf Rhyce, Davis, Hall etc.
Would possibly make him the most hated player in the league, by Collingwood, Carlton & Hawthorn fans.

The guy who got dropped earlier in the year for having Rosie O'Donnell's skin folds?
Didn't hear that.
He's been a first picked type for nearly 10 years in a very good side. He's got or at least had alcohol issues but I'm not worried about much else.

wasn't he suspended for giving balantyne a tap in the sack and that 'folds' things was thrown up at the same time to coincide with the suspension?