True.

He will just name his price…

Well Gold Coast is out

Stewie has been extended

North will definitely get a new coach.

WC won’t they have backed in Simpson

Hawthorn will stick with Mitchell

Adelaide - Nicks is safe

Potential merry go round is North, GWS and maybe Essendon IMO.

1 Like

I’d like us to chase Clarkson.

Failing that, pay him to do a review.

2 Likes

be interesting to see how Clarkson goes coaching with a clean slate now that soft caps are fully up and running.

1 Like

Next year will be what 19 years since Clarko first started coaching.

Are you getting the great coach he was or are you getting someone like Sheedy in his latter years.

13 Likes

There it is.

Succinct and to the preliminary point.

4 Likes

I think you’re still getting a great coach. I haven’t seen that the game has gone past him at all. Hawthorn themselves declined because they were by and large a victim of their own success. Probably could’ve decided to bottom out completely in 2017-18 rather than top up with experienced recruits but they tried to squeeze every last drop out of the orange that they could, which you can’t blame them for doing. There’s still plenty left in Clarkson.

1 Like

"The wildcard is Essendon, which has been arguably the league’s most disappointing team in 2022 as it faces a bottom-four finish after making the finals last year.

Ben Rutten is now 15 games into the second season of a three-year contract after John Worsfold handed him the coaching reins in a club-orchestrated handover. The idea he’d be in strife so early in his tenure seems totally farfetched, particularly after last year’s top-eight finish.

But the Bombers – a proud yet success-starved club for two decades – sit 16th on the ladder with a 4-11 record. While they’ve shown promising signs in the past three weeks — which has included wins over St Kilda and Sydney — dual premiership Kangaroo David King multiple times this season has called out Essendon for a lack of “standards” and being too easy to score against and move the ball against.

Following Essendon’s loss to West Coast, club legend Matthew Lloyd said Rutten “should be under pressure for his job” and suggested Clarkson could be the spark that helps wake the Bombers from their “slumber”.

So would Clarkson entertain the Bombers? He wouldn’t have to move interstate, he’d be taking over a big Melbourne club that’s well into its build and has the potential to return to September in 2023 and beyond. But after giving Hawthorn 17 years of service and delivering four flags, would he be prepared to side with the Hawks’ arch-rival?"

I’m still inclined to think Clarkson will go too North or Tassie

Also 17 years is a long time to be coaching. Not saying he’s done but I see Clarkson like Sheedy in what 2004

Best suited to an expansion club as his next step

1 Like

ANNOUNCE WHICH CLUB CLAKO COACH

3 Likes

Or Malthouse? :grimacing:

1 Like

Maybe North will be in Tassie soon

If the AFL give Tas a license they’ ll give Tas Clarkson to run the show. Same as they did with Sheeds and the other mob from Sydney.
But I have the feeling that with Gutwien gone and Gil going then the AFL are hoping that the Tas scenario will die a death. Same as if norf get sent down here, it won’t last.

1 Like

We need this guy CLAKO

He’s a head of coaching now.

Think Bomber overseeing Hird for example.

I could see Clarkson being the only guy who could give credibility back to say J Hird to senior coach again after Hird was thrown under the bus.

Why does everyone want to be our “arch rival”
Take a number and get on the queue FFS

2 Likes

I love arch rivals.

l prefer Arch Perkins.

3 Likes

I like Arch Perkins taking apart Arch Rivals.

All the Arches

3 Likes