Help clear this up for me - Yes or No

53,714 members (and counting) happy to be a part of an Essendon that has said nothing other than James Hird will be our coach in 2015-16, as you say who gives a flying F*** what anybody else thinks.

It does concern me that Bomber seems to be saying he will walk away at the end of the season, I would be rapt if he and Hird could come to a complimentary arrangement where they could both play to their strengths at the end of the year.

A thought has crept into my head that the backup plan, were the wheels to fall off, might be that Neil Craig could be Goodies mentor, or at least a replacement support for Hird to provide the strategic continuity from one year to the next (probably the actual intention).

My preference is for Hird to come back as senior coach, and for he and Thompson to work out the best way they could work together for the sake of the team, but I don’t think that is the plan from what Bomber (and also Goodie) have said.

If there is to be any variation from Hird being senior coach, it should only be at Hird’s instigation and with Bomber’s agreement, if it involves Bomber. That is the only way it could be varied in a stable way.

PS: I am hopeful this thread isn’t an invitation for us to have a bun fight about this, if it ends up that way I hope it doesn’t last long.

Purely based on who I would rather coach, that's easy Thompson.....he is up there with the best credentials in the country.

Hocking.

Most posters on here have to wear a name tag when they go to bed or they wouldn’t remember their own names in the morning, of course they want Bomba at the moment.

Ask if we lose another two

this thread feels a little like research

Yes with a cherry on top

YES

BUT it would be better if the following scenario can be achieved:

The end of his suspension will be around about the time Our Beloved Leader will be standing down.

So what more fitting person to take over as CEO of the AFL than our very own James? after all, he wasn't  a shithouse player like Vlad was, he is a successful businessman, unlike Vlad, and he would have just graduated from an elite international business management program. He is a proven media performer, unlike Vlad, and do I need to point out that he is far more photogenic than the cane toad lookalike currently at the helm?

Plus he knows about how the system works, and I am sure he would like to clean out the Augean stables that Vlad has provided over.

I put it to you: who could possibly BE A BETTER HEAD OF THE AFL???

sedgyfergo

10. Darren Bewick. (been a while)

Hird to coach in 2015 - 2016, following the blue print the club has already put in place.

FARK YEAH

Sheedy could come back if we need to

0fc.gif

I know this going to come across as selfish, but I would prefer him to go back into business, and hit the AFL & media with the biggest lawsuit ever seen in sporting history.

Hit them for lost wages, reputation, the accusations, Vlad giving us up, ASADA leaks, the lot.

Of course, this desire would be predicated on the expectation of him winning said lawsuit, which we can't guarantee, so I don't really see it happening.

However if it did end up like that, you know those animated gifs with people saying "I'll get the popcorn" well, that would be me.

I would spend all my waking hours soaking in every glorious moment of watching people like Vlad, Gillon the Criminal, Carro and her sources close to...', Fatprick, Robbo, Clothier, squirm like they deserve to, for all they've done to our club and its people.

And sadly, the only way I see that happening is if James Hird is no longer involved in football.

So that's my preference, as I mentioned, as selfish as it may be.

However, the most likely scenario is he comes back R22, we make the finals and he's part of the coaching panel taking us deep into the finals.

I think all you need do is wait for James to walk onto the ground as soon as he is allowed to, you'll get your answer.

Those "polls" they have on channel 7 and the like are farkin ridiculous, it's another media troll in order to get the bull sh#t wagon going about something they can see a potential headline in...fark em.

The club has signed him up and if he still wants to coach, nothing has changed.

Personally, I think Hird is the right choice.

fark carlton

Yes

Cant wait till he returns

i'll be there with my #standbyhird/fuafl sign

the AFL have been trying to drive a wedge between supporters and James Hird ever since he named Vlad at his ASADA interview. this is just another attempt. Anything to demoralise us or derail our season.

Bomber  is the coach for 2014 & Jimmy 2015-16

YES
BUT it would be better if the following scenario can be achieved:
The end of his suspension will be around about the time Our Beloved Leader will be standing down.
So what more fitting person to take over as CEO of the AFL than our very own James? after all, he wasn't a shithouse player like Vlad was, he is a successful businessman, unlike Vlad, and he would have just graduated from an elite international business management program. He is a proven media performer, unlike Vlad, and do I need to point out that he is far more photogenic than the cane toad lookalike currently at the helm?
Plus he knows about how the system works, and I am sure he would like to clean out the Augean stables that Vlad has provided over.
I put it to you: who could possibly BE A BETTER HEAD OF THE AFL???

Not enough experience selling false teeth for mine.

Would love to see the double act continue, with James being the senior coach.

45 odd blokes seem pretty keen to have him back.

Yes, but I hope the assistants are taking notes to ensure a smooth transition.

Yes, provided:

He wants it

The players want it

Thompson stays for 2015

BTW this question should NOT be taken as 'Who would you prefer as snr coach: Hird or Bomber?' because Bomber is not an option.

#standbyhird.

Tanya to be assistant coach.