Heppell, Merrett or McGrath 2023?

1. Heppell- should play on, but is it time he steps aside?

2. Merrett- clearly our most consistent best player for many years

3. Mcgrath- captain at some point deemed by many Same Old’s…

1 Like

Yes … Hepp should step aside next season and let Zach take it forward. Its time !

1 Like

Or Parish

Heppell should be respecfully moved on from the club.

12 Likes

Hep gets another year, but not the guarantee of a spot in the AFL team.

Zach gets the captaincy. I think he’s done pretty well when he’s filled in over the years.

6 Likes

My money on co captains. Merrett and Mcgrath. Langford Vice.

4 Likes

Why ?

On last weeks performance he is still in best 22. Just do not play him in defence.

Merrett by a mile. He seems real, taught by Goddard.

McGrath seems like a bit of a pretend leader. The vibe I get from him on the podcast (which is not a great show) is that he is a well educated guy who knows what to say to sound invested and sound like a leader without actually being genuinely inspiring. Good footballer, however.

100% Merrett. He’s really blunt, and wont be as lovey/positive as Hepp. He also has a footy IQ that’s through the roof.

Andy needs a couple of injury free seasons of footy before he starts worrying about this stuff. His time will come.

7 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Non I’ll go with Redman. But if Heppell goes again I’d stick with Heppell otherwise it’s McGrath.

3 Likes

ANNOUNCE HOBBS AND VOSS CO-CAPTAINS

in 2028.

Merrett C, McGrath VC, Langford DVC

Heppell 1yr contract, not in leadership group OR not offered contract & delisted/traded (FA)

I respectfully disagree Bacchus, but I’d also ask, where should he play if not defence? I think Heppell’s lack of pace has caught up to him and he isn’t damaging enough by foot to warrant a spot on the HBF, but I’m not sure he gets a game in any other position.

I think Merrett as captain will ■■■■ off a few players over the journey.

I really think its time that we embrace that sort of leadership.

4 Likes

I believe Merrett will be the next captain and I think McGrath with be the vice, although I wouldn’t rule out co-captains (is that something our conservative club would entertain?). I would also elevate Redman into the leadership group which I believe should be Merrett, McGrath, Redman, Langford and Parish

3 Likes

Make Stringer captain.

1 Like

Heppell to respectful Shaka into the sunset. Merrett to captain.

2023 Captain
  • Heppell
  • Merrett
  • McGrath
  • Redman
  • Stringer
  • Hobbs
  • The Langford

0 voters

Oh God no