Here's the Team - ANZAC Day Collingwood v Essendon - Jerrett doubles our Merrett

Fixed

How the hell will they win the joint medal?

From the schedule, we donā€™t even enter the MCG.

2 Likes

Are we going in too tall again? unless Hurley plays on a small.

I donā€™t know how, but it just has to happen.
Stewart minimum 5 goals, and Green to seagull 4 goals.

It doesnā€™t look like its going to be wet (maybe some showers) so really on paper they look like going in too small. The problem is though that JD is out of form so not really primed to expose their weakness in the backline. On the other hand our weakness is in the midfield & Collingwood are well placed to exploit that. I was getting excited about the prospect of a young mid averaging 30+ in the seconds making his debut but it looks like weā€™ve more replaced Raz the forward than for his part time mid work. Time will tell if its the right choice. Other than that I canā€™t really see how we could have gone in differently. Maybe if Ambrose was available you could argue him over Hartley but I guess they are expecting him to play on Cox so the extra height may be needed. If we assume Hooker plays on Reid then it does release Hurley to play lose which is his most damaging role. Iā€™d like to have the luxury of another small defender but not sure who that could be.

From what l saw against Port, it looks like JD is running into form.

2 Likes

Dare I say it - this game is a real ā€˜sliding doorsā€™ moment for EFC in 2018

Win - Get the season started and run into some consistency, steamroll Melbourne next week.

Loss - Last weeks game means nothing, fizzle into another year of 9th -13th

4 Likes

Oh what utter joy I would have if Stewart sticks in up the Pies with a 5 goal game and wins the Amzac Medal.

4 Likes

Yep. Weā€™ve got a enough blokes that can go forward and provide pressure, better off picking one of Langford/Laverde/Clarke. Either one of those would have a bigger impact than Jerrett all be it in a different role.

Blitz after last game: finally got the structure right!
Also Blitz: change the structure!

7 Likes

Know any bikie gangs?

7 Likes

Maybe, but then youā€™re filling Smithā€™s role as a quick, hard running, well skilled wing/midfielder withā€¦ Langford or Clarke, chalk and cheese in terms of player type.

I reckon itā€™s a pretty easy call. Jerrettā€™s always fallen short in a few areas, but heā€™s not miles off it.

3 Likes

Double cobras all arvo!

2 Likes

Fantastic post. It is an absolute credit to him to recover so quickly and to then be in good enough form to warrant selection.

5 Likes

Can green please seagull the finisher in the last quarter and queue half the MCG to empty out while heā€™s flexing the guns.

15 Likes

Me too, but Woosha prefers minimal changes on a ā€œsomething likeā€ for ā€œlikeā€ basis. AKA rolling with the same roles.

But in doing so he undervalues the importance of Fantasia to our team IMO. You canā€™t simply replace like for like when one like isnā€™t half the other.

Apparently Jerrett has set new PBā€™s throughout the preseason in spite of coming off a a shocking broken leg at the end of the year. Credit for that, I hope heā€™s an entirely new footballer.

looks completely dry now for tomorrow. Perfect weather for footy!

8 Likes