Here's the Team - ANZAC Day Collingwood v Essendon - Jerrett doubles our Merrett

This Jerrett inclusion reminds me of Colyer halfway through 2014, He was on his way to being delisted no doubt about it for me and he got one last shot and took it, Played the best footy of his career from that point, Injury mid 2015 then banned for 2016 really hurt Trav.

Hope Jerrett takes this shot with both hands, He’s a great kid from an even better family, Back the boy in.

11 Likes

But you are suggesting moving Smith (who would be best pressure fwd option from our mids) out of midfield and one of Lang/LAV/Clarke being like for like for him?

None are anything like Smith

Jerrett is far closer to a match to Raz who play small fwd/wing than they are to Smith & what he is bringing to the side.

Raz had 11 possessions. 6 tackles. 1 goal last week. He is better than that but on that performance we should have no issues with Jerrett doing a similar role.

Jerretts last Anzac Day he had 17 possessions, 5 tackles & 1 goal is a loss.

@anon71769209

I’m not expecting Jerrett to set the world on fire, he’s not gonna suddenly be a jet and cement his place in the best 22. Hopefully he can apply good forward pressure, snag a couple, then back it up four days later.

2 Likes

Do you mean like this one at 4.38…

1 Like

I didn’t suggest anything of the sort. My contention is that one of Langford/Laverde/Clarke would have more impact in the side than Merrett, even if it was in another role. So I’d move Smith to the HFF where we know he’ll be able to perform to the equal of Fantasia and bring one of those three into the midfield. IMO we’re a better side for having one of Lang/Lav/Clarke in the side over Jerrett.

That’s bizarre. Our midfield is our weakness and you want to take out one of our best players so far this year

1 Like

The concerns going into this game are Sidebottom and Grundy, who are both in red hot form, and their midfield in general.

My first thought was that we’re going in too big. They don’t have a lot of height in their team, which could go either way. Hopefully we can exploit it down forward, but I wonder if one of the talls down back might be better as an extra mid to counter their strengths. The weather will play a part, and wouldn’t be surprised to see a late change if it looks like being wet.

Given Grundy’s recent dominance the idea of bringing in McKernan to run with him around the ground was an option, but it compounds the too tall issue. I’d be playing McGrath on Sidebottom and set him the challenge.

1 Like

It’s hardly as though he’s not going to play any midfield time by taking Fantasia’s spot on a HFF… He’ll still be part of the midfield rotation so I don’t think you’re losing all that much from the midfield in that instance. And I think you gain more from the inclusion of any of the other 3 than you do from including Jerrett.

Woosha doesn’t have the same set of eyes, let’s see what unfolds.

Danny McHenry from pies will win Anzac Day medal.

2 Likes

Please tell me more about this McHenry chap.

WSPHU

I wouldn’t even move Smith. I’d just leave razs spot void and have an extra # around the midfield.

On or off site?

1 Like

Yeahhhhhh but the spare man! We never do anything about the spare man in defence!

FFS Woosha. Sack him.

Woosh is going to “back our boys”. I believe he thinks its better to settle the midfield group and improve them as a group rather than bring in another mid which may be counterproductive in the short term.

4 Likes

wtf is your problem, im talking about what i’d do in this particular game this wednesday. based on how our opponents have been playing recently. if you wanna be a crusader ■■■■ off.

I would try Guelfi on SIdebottom first, then McGrath if that doesnt work.
Goddard on Penblebury
Heppell on Adams
Bellchamebrs on Grundy, but give him spells and put JD and Stewart through the ruck to work grundy over, and these guys especially stewart need to push forward.

1 Like

… Lol

Mate you’re either a troll or completely ■■■■■■■ cooked.

3 Likes

Adams isn’t playing.