Here's the team Carlscum v Essendon - what happens to Walla when you add water?

Agree with this.

Brown has been named on the ground though, pretty sure that means he plays.

1 Like

■■■■ he dropped Nina after 1 bad half.

This coach doesn’t fk around.

1 Like

Yes your are right, I must have brain damage, Brown is on the ground and in, I have already jumped in and said the same thing in a different post.

In: Leuey, Heater, Brown and maybe Dea

Out: Smack, Howlett, Hartley and maybe Gleeson.

I think it’s hard on Harts, but otherwise pretty much what you would expect.

Woosha says in the video that Brown is looked as a defender mainly this year, so it is pretty much like for like, but expect Green to push someone out next week, hopefully Heater shows his worth.

No McNernan!

6 Likes

I like

When you’ve got 30 players who are AFL standard, you make em work for it

3 Likes

I only really expected the one change but the coaches clearly weren’t happy with the performance last week which is understandable. Hartley was pretty ordinary he seems to have the random game where he gets taken apart by someone unexpected, i still would have given him another week though. I like the addition of dea and hocking both tough bastards.

NERN bread!

2 Likes

I feel sorry for Harts and Smack from the point of view of being 100kg players playing in the Brisbane humidity, they are the guys most challenged by those conditions, where the Bears are more acclimatised to it.

I do expect Harts to fight hard to get back into the side for ANZAC day, wouldn’t be surprised to see him back to play on Jenkins when we play the Crows.

I think the omission of Hartley says as much about the growing stature of Pat Ambrose as it does about Hartley.

13 Likes

We couldn’t buy an intercepted mark last week and M Brown crushed it in the VFL, seems like a sensible change.

As others have said, Ambrose and Hartley are both very ‘lockdown’ and Hartley’s man almost won Brisbane the match.

4 Likes

Chris, did you work for the BOM? The public seems to get confused with rain and showers.
I would go for Langford, Parish, McGrath and Gleeson for interchange. Great to see Hocking
back into side.

Why the hell you’d name Brown in the forwardline… but in an article the team is attached to state the below is completely beyond me.

"Worsfold said Mitch Brown would be used in the backline this week after alternating between defence and attack in 2016.

“He was very versatile for us last year but we’ve had a strong focus on him as a defender this year,” Worsfold said.

“He’s been in some pretty good form through the JLT Series and certainly in the VFL practice matches over the last couple of weeks he’s played really well.

“We’re confident he’s ready to do the job.”

1 Like

U[quote=“chris_64, post:29, topic:10208, full:true”]
Hartley may have a niggle.

But people are saying its going to be very very wet.
FYI if the bureau predicts showers, it means showers , not rain. If they predict rain, it means sustained falls of rain. Ther is a difference. The ball may get slippery, but the ground will not be a quagmire.
[/quote]
Thanks Lavinia Bunn

1 Like

We named Ambrose in the Ruck round one, and you ask this question?

6 Likes

Min 14 Max 17

Showers.

Possible rainfall: 8 to 20 mm

Chance of any rain: 95%

Melbourne area
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Possible hail in the afternoon and evening. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h tending southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the day.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Gee I’m glad there is only a chance of 20mm of showers and only a thunderstorm shower and a hail shower.

That is a relief.

4 Likes

Mother of God if it pelts down and they get up with ■■■■■■ arsey goals n crap frees, I’ll go put a deposit on a new TV tomorrow.

5 Likes

Factoring in that Harts didn’t didn’t have a great game last week, plus the whether likely to be at least greasy, I think the omission is understandable. I think Leuy, Brown and Heater come in. Harts, Smack, and Howlett out. Unless Gleeson has a niggle. I think he will be played.

Pretty good changes, feel for Smack but I am pretty sure he will miss out.

In other words a high chance to be wet as fark.

1 Like

Could just be that Hartley needs a rest and they want him right for Adelaide then Anzac Day. Could also be that Woosha rates Brown highly and he has only just missed out the past 2 weeks.
I think its good that we have a defense that we can mix and match, just because we have won two doesn’t mean that we have the right combination just yet.
No one seems to have mentioned Langford is named in the last 3, on face value that suggests to me that he won’t play.

1 Like