Here's THE TEAM (final) vs Pies

Mason Cox lol

5 goals and Anzac medal for certain

I'd be tempted to play Grimley, and push Brown back to help out with Moore and Cloke. Not sure if those guys just aren't too large for Dea/Gwilt to take the second after Hartley takes one.

rumour cloke might be out.

Interesting to note Collingwood are playing three genuine tall defenders: Brown, Reid, Frost

And three genuine tall forwards: Cox, Cloke, Moore

Trying to stretch us with tall timber I think.

Given this:

Grimley MUST play to avoid aerial dominance by the pies in our forward line.

Down back:

Hartley to Cloke
Brown to Cox
Gwilt on Moore.

Sounds about right. Think we will drop Langford as we are doing ok in the midfield.

Demps in for Lav
Grimmers for Langford

Grimley and JoeDan, the Pointer Brothers. I'm so excited.

So you’re “Pointing” too then? … so to speak. …

Interesting to note Collingwood are playing three genuine tall defenders: Brown, Reid, Frost

And three genuine tall forwards: Cox, Cloke, Moore

Trying to stretch us with tall timber I think.

Given this:

Grimley MUST play to avoid aerial dominance by the pies in our forward line.

Down back:

Hartley to Cloke
Brown to Cox
Gwilt on Moore.

Sounds about right. Think we will drop Langford as we are doing ok in the midfield.

Demps in for Lav
Grimmers for Langford

I know you can’t have everything but gee I hope they keep playing Langford.

We need someone else in the forward line to support JD surely. I thought McKernan would be in but the coaching staff mustn’t be convinced by him yet.
I’d say Grimley will play. Time to find out.

Just to confirm, the final team will be named Saturday.

Drop Langford? Nah, i wouldnt. Give him Anzac Day, crowd etc. But i would play him forward more this week. We cant win with 8 goals per week and he can find space up front. The midfield lessons can wait.

They look very tall. Weather forecast? We are going to have to work pretty hard to make sure it defenders get isolated and spot up the leads going forward

Forecast atm is for fine .“Football Perfect” conditions… It’s certainly a Tall day.

Surely Ambrose must get dropped!!! Bring in grimley

Mason Cox lol

5 goals and Anzac medal for certain

nah… you’re thinking of Weitering.

If you think they haven’t promised senior top ups an anzac game, you’re dreaming

Ambrose named in VFL, not Brown, not Langford. Grimley named in VFL Simkin and Crowley both named in VFL

If Collingwood go tall they will loose, it never works as you just get outrun on the rebound. Also means our small will find space all day if we play smart.

Was hoping Grimma was ready, be good for him to experience an Anzac day

Redman :frowning:

I think our defense has been doing fine, I’d be happy to go with it again.

out: Lav
in: Dempsey

Hopefully the Joey and Brown combo works better this week, Cats defense was very good. Not in response to you, but I think our balance of of 2 tall forwards and 3 tall backs is fine and the pies will be too tall if anything. (Edit: like Nocturnal said)

Surprised Mckenna got another run too. Looked nowhere near it last week

Smack must have really annoyed someone in high places. To not change our structure after watching the struggle to move forward last week is strange.

I agree we don’t need wholesale changes but Ambrose for Smack seemed a pretty simple decision.